Chapter XXIV

Irene's POV

We've decide to stay in Dad's office. Seulgi wanted to get through and read with the last will. I wanted to read too but there's still schoolwork I need to finish, so here I am facing my laptop.

We both got startled when the office door suddenly opened up. I stand up when I saw who it was. I saw the surprise look in her too when she saw me.

"Joohyun. Why are you here? Your Dad's still out."

"I know, Auntie. He actually left us here." She look over to Seulgi who is now looking at me with curiousity. "Oh! This is Auntie Jade. My mom's sister. She also works here." Seulgi got up and bowed.

"It's nice to meet you." I smiled at her. I then look over to Auntie.

"This is..."

"Kang Seulgi, maam." she finished. I can sense her panicking a little. Cute. She gave Auntie a little bow. I walk to her

"Calm down, love." I whispered. I then look up to Auntie again.

"Aren't you suppose to be in school?" she look at me.

"Oh! We had a little talk with Dad." I said to her. She then took a seat in the other couch.

I eyed Seulgi and the paper she was reading. She did get it immediately and hid it all back to its folder. We both sat down as well.

"Homework?." I saw her look at my laptop. I give her a nodd. "So how's school?"

"Doing good, Auntie." I reach for my laptop then Seulgi stop me. I look at her.

"Let me help." she said. I told her earlier I needed to finish this up because the deadline's at 5. Since Auntie's here...

"No, I'm almost done." I whispered to her, but she just avoided the laptop from me. "and you don't know what--"

"Trust me." she give me an assuring smile. I sighed and give it up.

I know what she's trying to do. Letting me talk with my Auntie, who just decided to sit across us.

"Are you two classmates?" she asked.

"No Auntie. I'm two years ahead of her." I said.

"Really?" I nodded. She look at Seulgi who is now facing my laptop, typing. She look at me again. "I heard about what happened almost 2 weeks ago." Oh that...

"Auntie, you know I wouldn't have acted like that if it was okay." I said.

"Bugom's been persistent. Do you really not like him?" I look over to Seulgi, she seemed to pause at the question.

"No." I shake my head. "She's your stepson, Auntie. Basically, he's my cousin now." that'll be weird.

"Regardless of it, it was just for a ball. You didn't have to treat them like that in front of those students." I took in a deep breath. If only your daughter had let me spoke and not spoke for me.

"Auntie. Like I said, I wouldn't have acted like that if it was okay." I repeated. Seulgi saw it, and that's what made me mad that time.

"You still went to the ball solo. I see no reason for you to decline..."

"I had reasons..." I look at her. "I didn't had the chance to talk to a certain person about it, because of what happened." I said. "I had the reason to decline when I wanted to go with someone else." Antie look at me surprised at my confession. "And they ruined that because that person saw it, walked out of the scene so soon, and ended up ghosting me." Damn I was so scared that time. "I went solo, because I didn't had a choice anymore."

"I'm sorry for what happened." that's the only thing she said. The shock is visible in her. It's the first time I told anybody I wanted something, at least in her perspective.

"It's okay. It's fine now." I said. Before Auntie could even speak again Dad entered his office with his secretary.

"Good. You two are still here." He said looking at me and Seulgi.

"Jade? What are you doing here?" Dad asked her confused. Auntie then stand up and give Dad an envelop.

"Just here to give this." Dad accepted it and put it on his desk.

"I'll look in to it later. Is there still something you need?" Dad asked. Auntie shook her head and said no.

"I'll get going." she said to Dad before facing me. "I'll see you again Joohyun."

"Of course, Auntie." I bowed and give her a smile. She then walk her way out.

"Seulgi." Dad called.

"Yes Dad?" I saw her get startled a little. I can't help but smile.

"Did you recieve a message from your parents?" Seulgi look up to him confused, before she grabbed her phone and look at it.

"Dinner?"

"Did you tell them about you two already?" it's been almost a week now, she must have already...

"Not yet." Guess not. I look at her, surprised. Why?

It's been almost a week now, since they broke off the engagement. I thought she already did told them. I mean, why wouldn't she?

She got up and reach for the last will, She then look at Dad.

"Is this the original copy?" she asked.

"No, the original is in our lawyers care. Do you want to ask for---" Dad stopped talking when Seulgi tore it up, even I was shocked. 

"Kang." I said out of surprise. She continued to rip off the pieces of paper. "Love." I went to her and held her hand to stop her. What the hell is happening?

"Let this have one original copy only." she said. "We can't have anyone else seeing it. I don't want my love for your daughter be questioned just because of some pieces of paper." What?

I then saw Dad smiled hearing it.

"Okay but I'm not the only one with copy of that, you're father also have one."

"I'll take care of it." she said.

"Did you read it all?" Dad asked. Seulgi then nodded.

"I didn't ask for all that was written in there." she started. "And if there comes a time where this would get in between Joohyun and I, I'd be willing to give it all up for her. I just thought you should know that." Dad went up to Seulgi.

"Thank you." Dad hug her. "My daughter's built different, I hope you have enough patience." he said it like a warning I got shocked hearing that.

"Yaah!" I reacted. Seulgi look over to me and give me an assuring smile.

"We better go now, Dad. We still need to get ready for later." she said. With the dinner?

"Okay, I'll see you two later." Dad went to me and kissed my head. "She's a keeper." he whispered. I smiled.

"I'll see you later Dad." I said.

Seulgi got our things in the table. As we go out she spoke...

"You should've told me you wanted me to attend the ball with you." I laugh a little.

"An what? You're going to miss oppa's proposal? Besides, Oppa said he needs you that time. How can I go against that?"

"I would've stayed." I look at her. "You wanted me there, then I should've been there." I can get used to this. I just shake my head at what she's saying.

"Shut up." I said and walk faster, ahead of her. "Come on now! We still have to go home before we meet your family"

She's good with words. I mean she's a Kang, she should be, but sometimes she's getting too good at it. Certainly not for my sake.