Chapter XIX

Irene's POV

"Unnie, why'd you call?" I heard Yeri from the other line.

"Yerms, I just confessed." I said. I turn the loud speaker on before I jump into the bed. I then remembered what just happened a while ago. I really thought she have decided to end it already. I mean, she runaway and didn't let me find her.

"Wait a minute! You just told me last night about you being in love with the person you're in an arrange marriage with, that you never told me about. And now you're telling me you already confessed!?" She's literally shouting now. "Wha-How?!"

I told her what happened earlier and now she's laughing at me.

"Yah! You thought he's leaving you, when you saw a single luggage in the living room, that's why you confessed?" She said in disbelief.

"Yerim it's she's a She." I said, realizing I didn't disclose Seulgi's identity yet.

"What?" She questioned. "What do you mean you're engaged with a She?"

"I am, Yeri."

"Uncle agreed?!"

"Like I told you, it was him who agreed first. I didn't even knew he pushed through with it, after I strongly said I won't do it."

"WOW!" She said. "Does your Auntie Jade know about this?"

"I don't think so."

"Well I guess, since she's still pushing you to her stepson. You know I actually thought it was Bogum Oppa, you're telling me about. I'm surprised your Auntie didn't thought of proposing and arrange marriage, for you and Oppa, to Uncle." I chuckled at that.

"She already did, Yerms." I said

"Waah! They're unbelievable!" They sure are. "But I guess your Grandfather really know who to go with, because look at you being in love now." I smiled remembering this isn't any coincidence or fate, even luck, because Grandfather knew all of it from the very beginning.

That I have a crush on this freshman Business Ad student, that turns out to be his friend's granddaughter.

At some point in the past...

I've been telling Grandpa stories about this girl in the Uni, telling him every little weird thing I feel, every time I see her. I have always been honest to him about everything that's happening to me. He had warned me about it. I had stopped at some point because I know where it was going already and it was wrong, I had someone at that time.

I remembered being so confused that time. Because the more I ignored it, the more it's growing into something I never thought it would be. And Grandpa saw it all. It was him who I ran too when I realized that I have fallen in love with a woman already. He was the one who told me that I was being unfair with my partner already, that I ended up breaking up with one the person I genuinely care about. I don't know what it is that made me feel like that all of a sudden, to think that I never even had an interaction with her yet. I just know the connection I have with her is pretty strong.

When grandpa passed away, I thought everything that I had told him will remain unsaid to other people. It was only to him that I feel safe talking about it. Dad was always so busy, for me to have opened up about it. Most of the people around me, I know they can never know about it, they shouldn't know. I'm expected to have this image, they've given me since I was a child and the only time I can be carefree is when I'm with grandpa and Dad.

With Grandfather being dead and Dad became busier than ever. I just choose to live the life given to me. Ignored the what I really desired to do, because there's no way it'll be acceptable for an heir like me.