Chapter II

Seulgi's POV

"Then marry me off instead." I saw the shocked look on my father's eyes. "I'm a Kang." 

"Did you not hear what I just said Seulgi? The Bae's only daughter." He emphasize it more, making sure I'm getting his point. 

"I heard you Dad and I don't care. If this is what will make you--"

"Yah! Seulgi!" Oppa raised his voice. 

"Oppa! No one deserves to get left behind, specially not unnie." I shoot him a look before turning back to my Dad. "Isn't that what you taught us?" I said that made him taken a back. 

"Look. I'm sorry if this is happening but you know me, a deal is a deal." Dad said, avoiding my stare. 

"That's why let me marry her instead." I said.

"Seulgi, you're both girls." Dad said. 

"So?" He look up to me with a shock expression. "They wanted just the name right?"

"This is marriage we're talking about here. Can we all take this seriously?" Mom speak up.

"I am serious."

"No." Dad said. "You're brother will--"

"be marrying his current girlfriend." I finished. "I'll marry her Dad."

"Seulgi, don't be too hardheaded."

"Seulgi, you're still studying to be married." Oppa said. I chuckled at that.

"Isn't the Bae's daughter still studying too?" I said. "And Dad, I don't have someone like Oppa. You said it yourself, giving up on love will never be an option. You can't let Oppa do this. He already have someone and I don't, just give this to me." I want to do it for my brother. He's always been there for me whenever I'm having a hard time, this is the least thing I could do for him. Dad sighed hearing what I said, he massage his temple. "Dad..." 

"I'll still talk to the Baes about this." I nodded. 

"Seulgi, why don't you think about it first." I felt my mother's hand on my shoulder. I turn to her. "You're putting your future on the line here."

"And so is Oppa if he will do it, Mom. Except that no one's gonna get hurt if I do this instead." Honestly? I haven't really thought of what my future would be like. I can't even imagine a future to look forward to, for myself. 

"You're being too selfless Seulgi." Oppa said. I smiled at him. "What you're doing is too much. As much as I don't want you to take my position, I can't give up on her Seulgi."

"You don't have to." I went to him. He loves unnie so much, I know that. 

"Mianhe." He said hugging me. I patted his back. He move away and turn to Dad. "I would like to join you on the next meeting." He said. "Surely, there are still other ways."

"The Bae's only conceived one child. They wanted to find a name compatible for the company, and person whom will be trustworthy enough for their company." Huh?

"What do you mean Dad?" I asked.

"The Bae's are looking for the future leader of their company." What?

"And you decided to let Oppa do it? What about our company Dad?"

"We still have you Seulgi. We knew..."

"What about their own daughter?" I asked. I just want to know, because if they're finding someone who can manage their company, wouldn't it be unfair for her as the only child?