wear the hat, ride the cowboy

"A Western bar?" Remus asked as Marlene placed a cowboy hat on his head. Celeste looked down at the black bellbottoms she'd found in her hotel room and sighed. Marlene wasn't kidding when she said she'd find outfits. Celeste wore a red bandana top, black bellbottoms and black and silver cowboy boots. She ran around the group doing it to every member of both bands. Celeste stared at Regulus as Marlene placed the black cowboy hat on her head before placing a matching one of Regulus.

"It'll be fun! Come on!" Marlene beamed. Celeste rolled her eyes.

"This is your fault." She told Regulus. He pulled his lips into a straight line.

"I can't even argue with that one, Cherry." She tried to fight back a smile.

"Cherry?" She asked. He blushed.

"Yeah, it's fitting." She laughed.

"Alright then," She turned back to the group and shrugged. "Let's get this over with."

"Rem, why do you look so good as a cowboy?" Barty asked. Evan tensed up. Celeste grabbed his arm while the two of them talked.

"Come on, you owe me a drink." She told him. She felt like she owed him a distraction after all the times he was one for her.

"A drink. Yeah. A drink sounds great." He said absentmindedly. Regulus and James walked with them.

"So you like Barty?" James asked as they all grabbed a seat at the bar. Celeste smacked his arm.

"Stop doing that weird observant shit. I didn't even know you could do that." She told him. He shrugged.

"I'm just asking." He defended. Evan grabbed the shots he ordered and passed them out. They all tapped glasses.

"Cheers." Evan said. They all downed their shots.

"So?" James asked. Celeste kicked his leg and opened her mouth to scold him.

"I do, uh, like Barty. Yes." Evan stumbled over his words, avoiding looking at Regulus. Regulus looked around confused.

"Did you- did you think I didn't know?" Regulus asked him. Evan looked up at him confused.

"Uh, yeah! I've never told you!" Regulus laughed

"Mate, it literally couldn't be more obvious. Every time Bella comes around you get insanely drunk then go on for hours about how much it sucks that Bella is so pretty, and comes from great money, and has never worked to be a model, then apologize because I also come from money." Evan's jaw dropped.

"Oh shit." Celeste and James stifled their laughs.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." Evan apologized. Regulus shook his head.

"Don't do that shit. You don't owe me anything, it's my job as your friend to listen to what you say and not pressure you, but if you feel like you need a coming out moment, by all means, have it." Evan laughed and grabbed another shot and slid one to Regulus.

"Fuck you, Black." They tapped drinks and drank. Celeste ordered two more shots for her and James.

"Let's go dance with Marls." Celeste said after downing the shot.

🎸🎸🎸

"A couple very special guests tonight," The performer announced as he helped Celeste up on the stage. She tipped her hat to him. "Celeste and James of the Marauders." He handed her the microphone and she smiled.

"Well, howdy." She addressed the crowd, her accent thicker than ever due to liquor and the way she tried to sound American.

"Our friend Marlene dragged us out here and it's turned out to be a pretty good time."