Chapter 17 - Fool

Chanyeol's POV

I'm walking in what seems like a long tunnel. It's dark but I'm not afraid. There's a light right at the end and a figure standing there waiting for me. I feel a smile etch itself across my face because it's him. It's Baekkie. He's standing there smiling and I keep smiling back but then a shadow appears behind him and even though I keep calling his name and warning him about the danger, he doesn't seem to understand me. I run as fast as I can, desperately trying to reach him but my legs aren't moving fast enough. I'm getting closer now and I can almost see the face of the man standing behind Baekhyun. Wait. I know that face. His arms came around Baekhyun and I tried screaming out a warning but he simply smiles. He isn't scared. He's smirking and turning around to kiss the man who's got his arms around his waist. Why? Why is he hurting me? Just as I reach out to touch him, he disappears, leaving me behind in the darkness. It's scaring me now, suffocating me as the darkness closes in.

I can't breathe, it hurts. I can't...

"No!" I sat up, jumping awake from my nightmare. 

My heart is pounding in my chest and I still feel overwhelmed by the terrible fear I had felt from the images in my dream. I took breaths, trying to calm myself down but with the calm came the pain. My body firmly reminded me of yesterday's events with the aches and pains I felt. Everything hurt, my head, my cheek, my arms and even my legs. Yong-Jo. I had a fight with Yong-Jo.

I let myself fall limp onto the headboard of the bed only to be obstructed by the feeling of a warm body next to me. Baekhyun was sound asleep. My eyes traveled from his silky hair to his button nose and soft lips. I was dying inside to hug him, kiss him, just touch him but I can't. There's nothing in my mind except for the pain of his betrayal. It almost feels as if someone's branded the word 'fool' on my heart. "I'm such and idiot," I whispered, remembering all that I had done to try and win his heart. Desperately hoping that someday he would come to love me too. For a moment, everything had been perfect, I thought that he loved me because he told me so. And then everything came crashing down. Images flitted through my mind, when he had been cold, when I thought that he loved me to seeing him with that asshole. The two of them had probably been laughing at me. Baekhyun even told me about an ex-boyfriend, pretending to love me when he was really just meeting him behind my back. Fury raged in it's inferno and I felt the strong feeling of wanting to get away. I can't be near him right now. 

Author's POV

Chanyeol held back the horrible headache and nausea that he felt from his hangover but still managed to change into some random casual clothes and locate his phone and wallet that had been placed on his bedside table. He made sure not to wake the petite blonde, moving silently across the room, because right now he just wasn't strong enough to face him. His chest hurt with the realization that he had lost everything and nothing. All at the same time. Taking a cap and a pair of sunglasses out of his drawer, he put them on and left the house.

 Taking a cap and a pair of sunglasses out of his drawer, he put them on and left the house

At the Wu mansion...

Kris was kissing Tao goodbye before leaving for the office and the younger male really didn't mind. He stood on his tiptoes, enjoying the sweet pleasure he felt from his husband's skillful kiss. Closing his eyes he felt the loud 'thumps' and wondered if Kris could hear it. He gripped the front of Kris' jacket even tighter and felt the blonde run his hand up and down his back. One touch and Tao could feel the love practically bursting out of his own chest.