Chapter 15 - Pain

Chanyeol's POV

"Baekhyun!" He crumbled to the floor, eyelids closing and I panicked, running to him with my heart racing a mile a minute. "Baek? Baekkie!" I called out, cradling him in my lap and touching his face desperately, trying to get some sort of reaction out of him. I quickly carried him to the couch, laying him down gently.  

Tao and Kris followed me as I placed a cushion underneath his feet; my first aid training kicking in, I loosened his clothes and checked all his vitals. His breathing was steady but his heart was beating really quickly.  

"Kris, my first aid kit is in the bathroom! Can you get it for me please?" 

"Baekkie," I said, stroking his cheek softly, "Please wake up, love..." I repeated the words again and again, hoping that he would hear my pleas and open his eyes. But even as I pleaded with my unconscious spouse, I could hear an even softer voice, laced with worry saying, "Baekhyun..." Why was Dae-hyun so worried about Baek? A tiny crease appeared between my eyebrows, unnoticeable to anyone but me as I puzzled over this question. 

They've only known each other for about an hour and yet he sounds so concerned. It was strange, but I put these errant thoughts aside. Baekhun's well-being is much more important than some weird thoughts I have about Dae-hyun.  

"Chanyeol, we should call a doctor!" he demanded, and yet again those strange thoughts arose in my mind. Out of the corner of my mind, I saw Tao stepping behind me and blocking Dae-hyun who had been trying to approach Baek.  

"He needs air!" Tao's hostile tone of voice took me by surprise but I took it as a sign of how worried he was about Baekkie. After all, he and my husband have gotten pretty close these past weeks.  

"Here!" Kris panted, handing me the first aid-kit and I quickly placed it on the floor and opened it, taking out a cotton ball and soaking it with alcohol. I brought the soaked cotton to Baekhyun's nostrils hoping that the strong smell would wake him up. He wrinkled his nose and moved his head to the side, groaning a little. 

"Gege" Tao said, quickly kneeling next to Baekhyun and holding his hand.

"I'm here Baekkie... please open your eyes..." The anxiety that swirled around in my heart was filling me and the fear that came along with it was almost overwhelming. 

"Chan.." he whispered and slowly, his eyes fluttered opened, everyone else in the room, myself included, let out sighs of relief and the corners of my lips turned up in a smile. "I'm going to take you to a doctor now okay? You're going to be okay." He shook his head slowly, "It's okay... I'm fine," he paused, taking a deep breath and fully opening his eyes. 

"Baek..." I said, caressing his soft cheek, "Please don't be stubborn. You've never fainted before and we need to make sure that you're okay." 

"There's no need to take me to a doctor Yeol... I feel better already... Help me sit up?" I sighed and helped him up, sitting next to him on the couch so that he could lean against me and I wrapped an arm around his small frame, letting him rest. 

"You should go to the doctor tomorrow Baekhyun-ge, it could be nothing but there's no harm in getting a check up just to make sure." Tao was right and whether Baekhyun wanted to or not, I was definitely going to take him to a doctor. When he saw the expressions on our faces, he finally gave in, rolling his eyes with a smile as he nodded his head in defeat.

"We should leave and let Baekhyun rest," Kris said, helping Tao get up off the floor and looking around the room at the rest of it's inhabitants. "I'm sorry," Baekhyun looked down and Tao smiled at him sweetly, saying, "Baekhyun-ge it's alright, we can always have dinner together another time. You just take care and I'll talk to you tomorrow okay?" Baekhyun nodded, a smile returning to his face at the kind words.