Г л а в а 42

Everything was going just fine; me, Senku, Chrome, Gen, Ukyo, and the asshat captain were all chillin in the boat, enjoying the beautiful day and the pretty view while on the water

Everything was going just fine; me, Senku, Chrome, Gen, Ukyo, and the asshat captain were all chillin in the boat, enjoying the beautiful day and the pretty view while on the water. The nerd and his crew of weirdos yapping away about the sonar, discussing amongst themselves. Meanwhile I remained all the way in the back of the boat, keeping distance between Ryusui and I because the man never fails to make me uncomfortable.

But, everything was fine.

Was...

The radio they had with us began picking up a signal, something in Morse code.

I didn't exactly hear it because at the same time, that bastard AI from the moon decided it was going to violently invade my mind.

Shit, I completely forgot about this thing...

'Why...?'

'Why...?'

'... WHY?'

'WHY?'

At this point I'm doubled over due to the excruciating pain in my head making me want to vomit; blood is dripping from my nose as I clench my eyes shut, taking in deep, shaky breaths.

I think it's safe to assume the Morse code is also saying 'why'.

'Get out of my head...' I hiss to it mentally.

'Почему...?' (Why)

Oh hell no, this bitch did not just speak to me in Russian.

'Отвали!' (Отвали: Fuck off!) Am I really telling an intelligent AI to fuck off? Why yes, yes I am. Jeez, my threats are truly slacking today. Maybe because I can barely think straight with this dickhead screaming in my brain...

'Ты... Враг.' (You... Enemy.) Its eerie voice said slowly.

My eyes flew open with surprise. Me? Enemy? I'm its enemy?

Senku and Gen are on each side of me; Gen looking worried, the nerd looking almost panicked. They're saying something, but it's like I can't hear them, like this thing is so loud in my mind that nothing else around me can be heard.

'Kiera... Stark...' It whispers, sounding as if it were directly in my ear.

Then, its presence withdraws from my mind, and its gone.

A wave of nausea crashes over me, so I hurriedly squirm away from Senku and Gen, tossing the upper half of my body over the side of the boat just in time for me to throw up.

The mentalist is fast to hold my hair back, which I appreciate immensely.

"Star, what the hell happened?" Asked the scientist.

Once I've finished, Gen releases my dark locks as I flop back into my seat, rubbing my temples. "The AI invaded my head, that's what happened. This time it didn't simply say 'why' over and over."