Г л а в а 37

After reviving Ryusui, Senku made me go back to his tent, grabbing Тень along the way

The scientist helped me down onto his pile of blankets; I'll have to grab all my stuff that's still in the cave that I was staying in.

"Your energy power... You've said that you have good control over all of your powers, but, why is that you end up in this state when using too much of the energy manipulation?" His crimson eyes are filled with concern and suspicion.

Truth is, when using that specific power, I'm using MY energy; basically, my own life-force, in a sense. Yeah, I'm an idiot, I know. I should be using energy from the environment around me, from Mother Nature herself. If I were to use too much of mine, I could accidentally kill myself.

Rubbing the back of my neck, I sheepishly look away. "Well ya see, and you're gonna call me stupid, I use my energy."

"Elaborate."

"Logically, I should be taking energy from the earth and manipulating that, but I'm actually... using the energy from, uh... my own body..." I practically wince from that last sentence.

"... What?"

Oh no, he didn't like that answer.

"Star, why the hell would you do that?" Hands on his hips, he glares down at me.

"I don't know, it just feels wrong to take energy from other living things!"

"Well it's better than almost killing yourself! I'm not asking you to take energy from another person, at least use the energy from a tree, the air around us, whatever. Don't play with your life like that!"

"But... what if I end up killing the poor tree?"

The scientist pinches the bridge of his nose, exhaling loudly with annoyance. "I don't care if you kill fifty trees, more can be planted. There's only one Star, and if you die, that's it. Game over."

He's right. Sure, I don't exactly value my life, but I sure as hell value Senku's. How could I die in such a stupid way, knowing that he'll be miserable for the rest of his life because of it? I couldn't do that to him... Plus, why would I wanna risk dying in the first place, if it means I'll never get to see him again?

"I'm sorry, you aren't wrong. I'll just practice taking energy from nature..." Breaking away from his heated stare, I glance down at Тень who's laid beside me asleep.

Crouching down, Senku gently grabs my chin and turns my head so that I'm looking at him. "Don't apologize, just-... I don't know what I'd do if you died, Star. So don't go killing yourself off by accident, alright?"

"Okay..."

Standing back up, Senku digs his pinky in his ear, "Try to get some rest for a bit. Later, you and I are gonna have you practice taking energy from the environment. For now, I need to go deal with our newly revived captain."