14. Puddhing

In the quietude, a peculiar hush enveloped Fumy's thoughts. The stillness within her mind resonated with a resounding silence that echoed, creating a cacophony that compelled her to withdraw. As she began to discern the oddities of the island, particularly the enigmatic Agent Pig, questions lingered in her mind. The sun cast a gentle glow, filtering through the window panes of Fumy's new house. Despite the early morning hour, the persistent chirping of crickets persisted, with the sky presenting a stark contrast between pitch-black darkness in the west and the gradual ascent of the sun from the east.

In the tranquility of the dawn, Agent Pig remained confined to his cabin, eliminating any reason for Fumy to chase him. However, time pressed on, and Fumy was aware that the sun would not pause for her. Armed with torches and provisions, including beef from earlier hunts, she sensed an air of curiosity about the peculiar events surrounding Agent Pig. His recent behavior deviated from their initial encounter, adding an extra layer of intrigue to her journey. Determined to forge her own iron sword, Fumy contemplated the potential challenges she might encounter on her path.

Crafting the weapon proved more manageable than anticipated, and she carefully packed her essentials. With her bag slung over her shoulder, Fumy stepped outside, mentally preparing herself for whatever obstacles lay ahead. The journey promised encounters with various mobs, but armed with her newly crafted iron sword, Fumy embraced the adventure that awaited her. The sole crafting table in her home compelled her to return if her tools faltered, adding an element of strategy to her expedition. As she ventured forth, Fumy faced the unknown with a mix of curiosity and determination.

The exterior world lay shrouded in an impenetrable darkness, a sightless canvas akin to the depths of night. Fumy, while not particularly fearful of the obscurity, grappled with the inherent disadvantage of navigating through it. Her vision betrayed her, rendering her reliant on her senses of hearing and smell. To counteract the inky blackness, she strategically placed torches along her trail, each flame casting a beautiful glow upon the path she ventured.

As Fumy pressed onward, the enchanting illumination drew the attention of various mobs. A spider, drawn by the flickering light, stealthily approached her with a menacing hiss, signaling imminent danger. The spider took a venomous bite on her leg. Whirling around, Fumy confronted a colossal arachnid, its size accentuating the gravity of the impending threat. Reacting swiftly, she unsheathed her new iron sword, delivering calculated slashes that swiftly dispatched the creature.

However, her triumph was short-lived, as more spiders emerged from the shadows, accompanied by skeletons and zombies in a relentless pursuit. Realizing the overwhelming odds, Fumy knew she couldn't handle them one by one. Instinctively, she made a split-second decision, fleeing at breakneck speed to evade the encroaching horde, the rhythmic thud of her footsteps echoing in the darkness.

After a considerable sprint, Fumy found herself standing in front of Agent Pig's cabin. Glancing around anxiously, she assured herself that no lingering mobs had successfully tracked her down. The relief was palpable; her swift escape from the menacing crowd of creatures proved successful. Taking a moment to catch her breath, she bent over, hands on her knees, steadying herself from the exertion.

Approaching the cabin door with caution, Fumy mustered the energy to knock gently. The exhaustion weighed on her, prompting her to reach into her bag and retrieve a steak, a quick and replenishing bite before seeking assistance. The door swung open, and as expected, Agent Pig greeted her from behind the entrance. Recognizing her distressed state, he swiftly invited her inside, noting her evident weariness.

Agent Pig, displaying a compassionate concern, pulled out a sofa from the nearby table and gestured for Fumy to take a seat by the comforting warmth of the chimney fire. Sensing her need for sustenance and care, he hurried to the kitchen, preparing a soothing cup of tea. The ritual commenced with the retrieval of a green vintage teapot, complemented by a splash of cold water from his beige dispenser. Placing it on the stove, he patiently awaited the water's boil, seizing the opportunity to gather tea bags and bandages.