The Long Awaited Epilogue

Epilogue of LEWIS

"So, Vic, can you give us tips on how to get a rich man like Lewis?"
My co-worker, Rose asked.
Lewis and I had been married for two and a half years now, and he always came to pick me up after work, despite his busy schedules. Whenever he came by, different women would stop by to stare at him and take pictures of him.
He looked like a model, and bringing such a fancy car to my workplace surely didn't help matters.

"Oh come on, you're making it sound like I'm a professional at that", I said and we laughed.
It was our lunch break and I was having lunch with Rose, Sarah and Keira.
We had been close ever since I started working there and we formed a friendship circle with Aysha, Stephanie and Ariana.

Occasionally, they would visit our home and we would chase away the men whilst we had fun all by ourselves.

We made small talk after which I reminded them that we needed to pick up our dresses for Stephanie and Mason's wedding.

It was the next day and we were all excited about it.

When it was closing hours, Lewis was already waiting outside the building as usual, and he offered us a rider to the mall.
I also had to get Stephanie's shoes because she had her hair appointment.
We thanked Lewis for the ride and he waited whilst we went in the mall.

He and Kaden were Mason's groomsmen, and they already got their suits. It was just us girls, we needed to get our dresses and afterwards, we would go to a hotel where we all would stay.
The wedding hall was in the hotel, which made things easier.

After what seemed like hours, I managed to drag the girls out of the mall as they were getting distracted.
Lewis was dozing off in the car when we arrived and I felt bad for keeping him waiting.
He was always busy and working, and he would occasionally watch our son Daniel and here I was stressing him over a few dresses.

"Sorry baby, we got carried away", I said as we got into the car.
"We're sorry Mr Lewis, Rose here didn't want to leave and she almost tried on a random wedding gown in the store", Sarah said and Rose looked at her in disbelief.
"What happened to keeping quiet Sarah?"
Rose said and we all laughed.

"Everyone's at the hotel now, Aysha's watching the kids and Kaden and Mason are on their way there."
"Let's hurry, it's getting late", Lewis said and we drove off.

We got to the hotel and I saw Aysha standing outside, with panic on her face.

The girls and I got out first and Lewis went to park the car.
"Where have you guys been?"
"We're in trouble!"
Aysha said, pacing back and forth.
"Hey, calm down, what happened?"
I asked and Keira added.
"Yeah you don't look so good Aysha."

"I can't find Stephanie."
"She had her hair appointment but the salon called and said she never came."

"I haven't informed the guys yet, I don't want them to find out", Aysha said and I got worried.
"Well did you try to call her?"
Rose asked and Aysha nodded.
"I've called her multiple times and she's not picking", Aysha said.
"Let me try again", I said and called Stephanie but her phone was switched off.

"This is bad", I said.
"Where are the kids?"
I asked and Aysha said they were sleeping in the hotel room.

"Let's not tell Mason yet, we should split up to find her."
"Do you have any ideas where she could be?"
I asked but nothing came to any of our minds.
Lewis suddenly came over to us and he noticed our demeanor.
"Is everything okay?"
He asked and I cleared my throat.
"Of course everything's fine."
"Have Kaden and Mason arrived?"
Aysha asked, trying to avoid the question.

"Yeah, they should be here any minute now, but are you really sure everything's okay?"

"Wait, where's Steph?"
He asked and I knew we couldn't hide it from him.
"Lewis, please don't tell Mason, but we can't find Stephanie anywhere."
"I, I think she's run away."
Aysha said.
"What?"
"What do you mean run away?"
"It's her wedding day tomorrow!"
"Did you call her?"
He asked and we nodded.