Chapter 6 : The Confrontation

Lewis' POV

After I got back from my trip, I couldn't find the courage to go back to work. I would definitely see Vic and I didn't want her to feel bad. I left without a word and coming back now would make me look like a fool. I decided to work from home for some time before I could muster up the courage to go to work.

The rest of the week was hectic. I couldn't sleep well and I didn't take care of my appearance. After a bunch of calls and texts from the company, I decided that it was time to face reality. Kaden was already in the living room with important documents that were submitted in my absence. I heard from him that Vic was attending meetings in my place and was also asking about me from time to time. This made me a teensy bit happy as I thought about her.
I put on a brown suit and fixed my tie myself. I wouldn't dare tell Vic to fix it for me again after what happened.
I thought about what to say or do when I saw her.
"Should I bring up the topic?"
"I don't think it's something she'd want to talk about."
"Besides I'm not worth her time." "Maybe I'll just ignore her for a few days and she'll forget all about me?"
I finally decided that I wouldn't speak to her until I saw that she'd forgotten about what happened between us.

I walked into my office with Kaden and saw her on her computer. She had a pair of glasses on and her focus was on the screen before her. When she looked up and saw me, she greeted me but I didn't say a word to her.
She and Kaden exchanged greetings but I just walked past her desk and went into my office.
Taking one last glance at her, I noticed the confusion on her face as I closed my office door, waiting for Kaden.

It killed me that I couldn't speak to her for the rest of the week, but it was for the best. She would see that I wasn't interested in speaking to her at all and she would forget all about me. Many times she tried to speak to me but Kaden was always there as our mediator. I hated how close they were getting because of this, but I couldn't do anything.

"At least there's someone who she can talk to", I thought to myself as I closed for the day. It was the usual. I'd lock my office without sparing her a glance and I made my way down to the underground park.
As I was searching for my car, I could hear someone calling behind me, but I paid no attention as I recognised Victoria's voice.
She called out to me saying : "Director, Director!", but I didn't pay attention as I wanted nothing but to get out of the park and avoid her.
I was about to increase my pace when she called out my personal name.
"Lewis!"

It was the first time she called out my name and it sounded like music to my ears and I wanted her to say it again.
I snapped back into reality when I heard her footsteps getting close.
She couldn't keep up with my pace as I was much faster than her.
I quickly got into my SUV and was ready to speed off when she suddenly jumped in front of the car.
God knows that if she was a milli second late, I would have ran over her with my car. I looked at her in horror as I poked my head out the window to scold her for such a stupid decision.
She rolled her eyes at me and opened the car and sat in the front seat.
I scolded her once again for doing what she just did.
It would kill me if I actually hit her.
"Do you want to see me go mad?", I said, a little too loud enough for her to hear.

"Why would you go mad if something happened to me", she asked with wide eyes.
I blinked in surprise, realising that I said that out loud.
"Never mind," I said with shaky eyes.
"Where we goin?", I said coolly.
She suggested we go to a park because we had a lot to talk about.

This was gonna be a very long ride...

Victoria's POV

Lewis drove to a park 20 minutes away from the company. The ride there was really quiet. I looked out the window to enjoy the scenery and gathered all the courage I could to speak to him when we got out of the car.