Chapter 11 : The Period

Victoria's POV

There was no way I just got my period on our first night together. I wasn't expecting it until we got back home, which was why I didn't bother to carry my sanitary purse.
What was I going to do?
I couldn't possibly tell Lewis that I got my period.
We just started dating and I felt way too embarrassed to tell him.
Luckily I hadn't stained the bed, so I quickly tiptoed to the bathroom and locked the door.
I proceeded to remove my PJs and put my bloody underwear and PJ's into the washing machine and turned it on.

I sat on the toilet naked, free bleeding as I had nothing to use.
The sound of the washing machine must have woken Lewis up because I heard his voice through the door
"Vic is that you?", he asked from the bedroom.
"Yes, I'm just doing my laundry", I replied.
"Okay, well I need to go shopping for more groceries, would you like to come with me?", he asked.
What was I gonna say?
I couldn't go out in this condition, I thought to myself, and my cramps wouldn't even let me.
I had the case of dysmenorrhoea so my cramps prevented me from doing a lot.
I always relied on drugs during this time but I didn't come with them.
So I was stuck here, bleeding painfully while my boyfriend was outside the door waiting for my reply.

I opened the bathroom door slightly and poked my head to look at him.
He was sitting on the bed, with his bed hair looking so sexy that I wanted to dig my fingers into it.
Stupid period, it was making me have dirty thoughts.
I quickly pushed those thoughts away as I replied him.
"Lewis, I I ...I can't go out today", I said while stuttering.
"Why not baby?", he asked worriedly.
"Are you hurt somewhere?", he asked while making his way to the door.
"Don't come close!", I yelled at him.
He stopped in his tracks and asked me if I was okay.
"I, I I'm on my period", I said, loud enough for him to hear.
I saw that he had a shocked expression on his face but it instantly disappeared.
"Ok, did you come with your sanitary stuff?", he asked?
"No."
"That's why I'm naked and free bleeding in the toilet", I said.
He blushed after I spoke.

"Well, okay."
"You can send me a text with all the stuff you need so that I'll go get them now", he said and I stared at him in disbelief.
"Aren't you disgusted by me?"
"I mean, I'm bleeding", I said in a small voice.
"What's disgusting about periods?"
"I don't find it disgusting", he said
I listened as he spoke.
"My mum used to have hers when my brother and I were younger, so she told us that it was a blessing from God that was given to women only, and that when we eventually got a woman in our lives one day, we had to make her feel especially special on those days."
"So I always had a positive view on periods", he explained calmly.
I blinked my eyes repeatedly as I take in what he just said.
"So don't worry baby, I still love you no matter what", he winked at me.
"Ok Mr lover boy, I'll send you the list now, so get going", I said to him.
"Yes my love", he said before leaving.
I narrowed my eyes and him and shut the door and sat on the toilet once again.
I picked my phone from the sink and opened my chat with Lewis.
I decided to change his contact name from "Boss" to "Babe" with a heart emoji.
I proceeded to type what I would need throughout my period.
I looked at the message before clicking send.

"Hey babe, these are what I need."👇🏻
-Sanitary pads (for heavy flow)
-tampons
-panty liners
-disposable panties 😑
-menstrual pain relief patches
-******* painkillers
And lastly, a hot water bottle.
"You can help me pick any snack for my cravings, as long as they have chocolate in them. "
Lots of chocolates."
😁

I clicked send and I flushed the toilet and decided to take a hot shower, it was just what I needed.

After a long and needed shower, I used a makeshift pad with tissue and decided to go down to have breakfast. I went for a black flay gown to prevent any unwanted stains.
I was starving and I couldn't stay in the bathroom all day.
Lewis had gone out so I was alone in the house. I made my way to the pantry to get some granola and got yoghurt from the fridge.
I made myself a parfait and topped it up with some left over grapes that we had.
It tasted nice and I realised that I hadn't had a bowl in a very long time.
I would get definitely get some granola when I got back home.
We had two days until we would leave for Australia. I was looking forward to going on a date with Lewis but my period messed everything up. I hoped that we could go to a park or go sight seeing tomorrow, if my cramps didn't try to end me.
I washed my bowl and spoon and let them dry as I decided to walk around to ease the pain I was feeling.
It didn't work, and the pain was getting worse.
I could only count on Lewis to get home before I passed out.

I clutched my tummy as I went back to the bedroom and dialed his number.
It rang and I asked if he was close.
He said he had already gotten everything I needed and was on his way home. I ended the call and waited patiently for my man to come home to relieve my pain.

10 minutes later, I was sprawled on the floor, gripping my stomach as the pain was so severe that I couldn't take it anymore.
I suddenly heard footsteps from the kitchen which gave me relief as I knew that Lewis was now back.
He hurriedly came into the bedroom and almost yelled when he saw me rolling on the floor.
"Babe are you okay?", he asked me with a scared expression.
"What took you so long?"
"I almost died you know", I teased him as I stood up but a wave of pain hit me and made my legs grow weak but he caught me before I could fall.
"Here's your stuff Vic", he said while handing me a shopping bag.
"I put a bottle of water so you could take your meds."
"Your snacks are in the kitchen so come out when you're done okay?", he said, as if speaking to a child.
"Yes daddy", I said as I took the bag from him.
He smirked at my sentence, probably thinking something dirty but I was in too much pain to pay attention.
I made my way to the bathroom, ready to find relief.

After I was done with my business, I changed into a large hoodie and biker shorts to feel comfortable.
I looked in the mirror and saw that I had pimples on my face and I looked a little swollen.
I felt so ugly and didn't want to go down to meet Lewis but he called me from the kitchen. I had no choice but to go and meet him.
I pulled the hoodie over my head to prevent him from seeing how ugly I looked as I said down beside him. He noticed that I wasn't going to pull the hoodie down because I looked down and didn't raise my head.
"Are you feeling much better sweetheart?", he asked me softly.
I instantly melted at the nickname.
He called me a lot of pet names today but I was in so much pain that I didn't notice.

"Sweetheart, I like that", I said while smiling.
"You're so cute", he said as he pulled my hoodie cap down to see my face.
"Don't look at me, I have acne and I look really ugly right now", I said and turned away.
"What?", he asked, almost like a whisper.
He raised my head up with his hand and made me look at him.
"Baby, you're the most beautiful woman I know, with makeup or without makeup."
"I don't care if you have acne or pimples, you're my girlfriend and I love you no matter what."
"I don't care about how you look, you'd always be beautiful to me", he said lovingly.

I smiled, with tears welled up in my eyes as he pulled me into a hug.
I felt loved by him and his embrace was like home to me.
"Now don't be a cry baby and let's eat shall we?"
"I got your favourite snacks with lots of chocolates."
"I also got a chocolate cake and some burgers and drinks."
"Let's eat and forget about other things okay?", he said to me while shoving all the food in my face.
I nodded to him and began eating.
Halfway done, he asked me if I wanted to watch a movie since we couldn't go out. I agreed and he guided me to the couch while he turned on the TV.
He said we'd definitely go out before we leave Japan. He knew how much I wanted to visit and he wanted to show me around.
I was excited at the thought of exploring Japan and couldn't wait.
These cramps were really killing me, my silly uterus didn't know that I could just pop four pills and end both of us.
Lewis brought a blanket to cover me and dropped our snacks on the table as we watched the movie.
We snuggled together as we watched TV and I soon fell into a deep sleep.