Chapter 8 : The Business Trip

Victoria's POV

I left work early and stopped by the convenience store near the company. I would be travelling tomorrow and I needed some supplies.
By supplies I meant cookies and snacks.
Don't mind me, I've always been the snack type.
I looked around in the cookie isle in search for my favourite cookie brand when I spotted it at the same shelf that it was when I bumped into Lewis a few weeks ago.
I started to reminisce that day, how he towered over me to get the cookies and how rude he was.
He was cute but also obnoxious.
I put the thought aside as I tried to get the cookies from the shelf but I was too short to reach it.
I was about to give up when a masculine hand reached out and got the cookies.
I recognised the hand as I turned to face him.

LEWIS

"Looking for this miss Smith?," He said as he waved the box round my face.
I wasn't going to let him take the cookies this time.
I had a plan and it was surely going to work.
I made puppy dog eyes and pouted my lips and spoke in a babyish voice.
"Mr Lewis, couldn't you share with me?",  I said while batting my lashes.
He was taken aback by my actions because he widened his eyes and took a step back.
He looked rather shocked than amused, as he shoved the cookies in my face and left the cookie aisle in full speed.
"That's the second time he's doing that today", I thought as I held the cookies.
"But at least I have you now", I smiled to the box of cookies and made my way to get other stuffs.
Passing the sanitary section, I looked at my usual pads shelf.
Crossing checking on my period care app, I saw that I wouldn't be seeing it until a few days after the trip so I decided not to get any pads.
I paid for my order and made my way home.

After dinner, Aysha helped me pack my luggage and reminded me about the plan.
I was to make Lewis want me so bad during this trip.
We would be spending most of the time together so she told me to make good use of this opportunity.
She also packed some sexy dresses for me to wear and also a dinner outfit because Lewis was going to attend a dinner party and I was to be his date.
I wasn't comfortable with the dresses but she told me that I had no choice if I wanted to know if he truly had feelings for me or not.
She helped me apply my night skincare and we chatted until I started to feel sleepy.
We ended up falling asleep on her bed as I was too lazy to sleep on mine.

I woke up and got ready for the trip.
I was to take a cab to the airport but Kaden offered to drive me to the airport and Lewis would meet me there.
I decided to go for a sun dress and sandals.
It wasn't too casual, neither was it too formal.
I said goodbye to Aysha as I heard Kaden's car horn, signalling that it was time to go.
He helped me put my luggage in the back seat, while I held my handbag and we made small talk on the way to the airport. He complimented my dress and told me to put scented candles in Lewis' room.
He said Lewis had insomnia and the scent helped him sleep well. I couldn't help but wonder what really was going on with Lewis, he seemed so mysterious.

Lewis' POV

I paced back and forth, waiting for Victoria to come. I didn't know what I would say to her because I abruptly left her yesterday at the store. She was trying to act cute and it was messing with me. She didn't know how much impact she had on me. If I had let my intrusive thoughts win, I would have kissed her right there in the store, but I stopped myself before I could go any further.
I hoped I could control myself throughout the trip.

She arrived at the airport with Kaden holding her bags.
I was getting upset because he was spending too much time with her. I didn't want them to end up together, which is why I was taking her away on this trip.
I really hoped my plans worked out.

After I greeted her, she went to the restroom while I briefed Kaden on important things to do while I was gone.
He left after Vic arrived and we boarded our flight.
You wouldn't believe the surprise on her face when she found out that we were travelling first class.

"Is this your first time on a plane", I asked her because she was looking a bit tense.
"No, it's just been so long and I'm a bit scared of heights so I'm not feeling so good", she said truthfully.
She told me that the last time she was on a plane was when she left Texas to come to Australia.
I knew she wasn't Australian because she spoke without an accent. That was the first time she ever opened up to me about herself.
I told her to tell me more to make her feel at ease.

The plane was now on air and she was feeling a bit better.
She told me all about her parents and her high school days. She also told me about her first pet kitten and how she regretted leaving it in Texas and coming here.
She hoped he'd still remember her face. This was new to me, seeing her so happy made me happy too. I wanted nothing but for her to keep being happy.
I would like to meet her family one day. Her little sister April sounded lovely, and I would definitely want to make her cat's acquaintance. I was fond of cats too so I guessed we had something in common.
I saw panic on her face when we started experiencing turbulence.
She looked so scared so I held her hand and put her head on my shoulder. She closed her eyes and I could see her visibly calm down. Soon after, she fell asleep and I put a neck pillow around her to make sure she was comfortable.

The flight attendant brought us snacks but Vic was still sleeping so she turned to me to give me the snacks.
"Sir would you like us to give your wife an eye mask for her sleeping?"
"It would make her feel much better", the attendant asked me.
Wife? That sounded nice.
Vic would certainly make a good wife.
I decided to play along and said
"No, she is quite comfortable now, thank you so much", I said as she nodded and left.
I looked at Vic, who was sleeping peacefully. She looked so beautiful without makeup. I noticed how her lips looked so luscious and I started to have bad thoughts.
I shook my head, trying to evade such thoughts as I proceeded to watch a movie on the screen in front of me in the airplane.

We were about to land when I woke her up carefully.
She moved slightly and groaned as she opened her eyes.
I felt that she would be thirsty so I handed her a bottled water and she smiled before taking a sip.
I helped her get up as we took our bags and proceeded to leave the plane.
A representative was already waiting for us at the airport.
He took our bags and guided us out of the airport.
Vic was staring at everything she saw and she smiled all through. She told me how she always wanted to visit Japan and now she was finally here.
She thanked me so much and I decided to tease her by saying :
"Miss Smith, have you forgotten that we're here to finalise the deal for opening a Mark&Co branch here in Japan?"
"Focus", I said.
She nodded her head slowly as we got into the car prepared for us.
We were to stay at my villa in Japan.
It had only one room and I already made up my mind that I would sleep on the couch while she took the bed. I couldn't make her sleep on the couch.
We arrived at the cozy villa and our bags were taken by the representative.
After settling in, I thanked the representative and told him that we would be ready for the meeting in the evening.
He nodded and left, leaving us alone. Vic took a tour of the house for some minutes. When she was done, she came and said to me :
"There is only one room Sir."
She spoke as if she was waiting for me to say something.
"Yeah, is there a problem?", I asked.
"Uhh, we can't share a bed sir."
"Guess I'll take the couch then", She replied.
"And who gave you the right to do so?", I said with my hands on my hips.
"Sir, but I thought-"
"You thought wrong Miss Smith."
"You sleep in the bedroom while I take the couch."
"But sir..." she said but I cut her off.
"No buts miss Smith."
"Now go wash up and get ready for the meeting", I said to her and she nodded before leaving.