Chapter 16 : The Cheating

(This is just an addition of Lewis and Victoria's thoughts after meeting with Stephanie. Stephanie's POV is continued after Lew and Vic's POV)

Victoria's POV

For the rest of the day, I couldn't concentrate.
"How did Stephanie figure out that Lewis and I hadn't slept with each other yet?"
"Did I look that innocent to her?"
I thought to myself.
I wondered if she and Lewis were ever intimate, he never said anything about that.
I was jolted from my thoughts when I heard Lewis call out to me from his office.
I went over to him and he pulled me into a hug.
"Did she say anything bad to you?"
"I hope she didn't hurt you", He asked me.
"I'm fine babe, I'm not a child", I said playfully, not bringing up her question.

"I don't know what to do anymore." "She came saying she had something against Mason but I told her I wasn't interested", he said truthfully, but I could see a hint of worry in his eyes.
"What does she have against him", I asked curiously.
"The rumours about him being a wife beater were true."
"She showed me the scars behind her neck and on her knee."
"She also had a bald spot on her head."
"She wanted me to use her as evidence but I refused."
"If I wanted to take Mason down, I was going to do so in the right way", he assured me and proceeded to hold my hand but I slapped it away, feeling jealous that he was worried about his ex in my presence.
"Are you seriously worrying about your ex-girlfriend in my presence, Lewis?"
I said to him as I folded my arms.
"What, no I was just saying. I don't care about her."
"She betrayed me remember?"
He said in defense.
"Don't lie to me Lewis, I can see the worry in your eyes."
"Don't tell me you still have feelings for the woman who BETRAYED you", I said.
"How could you even think that?"
"We've been together for 8 months now and you think I'm still in love with my ex?"
"I didn't know you were so petty Victoria", he said in disapproval.

"Petty?"
"She obviously came here to get you to worry about her and she succeeded!"
"Or have you been meeting her behind my back", I bite back at him and he was taken aback by my words.
"Enough!"
He yelled as he angrily grabbed the coffee cup on his table and threw it on the wall, completely smashing it.
"Don't you dare accuse me of cheating on you with any woman, and most especially not Stephanie", he said to me angrily.
"Well how can I not suspect after she looked at me and guessed that you and I haven't had sex yet?"
"It only confirmed that you fucked or are fucking her!"
I said with tears, now wishing I didn't say that out loud.
He took a step back and looked at me in shock.
"I can't believe you'd say such a thing, you know me better that anyone."
"And now you're accusing me of sleeping with the woman I hate most in this world?"
"You're unbelievable Victoria", He hurtfully said and stormed out of his office, slamming the door so hard that it almost broke.

I broke down in tears and fell to the ground and cried until there were no tears left to cry.
I didn't mean to accuse him of cheating, but what she said really got to me.
The mere sight of girls looking at Lewis with lust whenever we were on a date really pissed me off. He was a very handsome man and every girl's type. This made me feel insecure about myself. I wasn't the most beautiful, and there were many more girls where were far more prettier than me.
But yet, he chose me.
He had never once made me feel unwanted or unloved. He had done nothing but support and love me all this time.
And I had accused him of cheating.
I looked back at how stupid I was for allowing Stephanie's words to get to my head. I stood up and made my way to Lewis. I searched through the company but couldn't find him. I suspected he had gone home because his car wasn't in the parking lot. I boarded a taxi to his house and saw that his car was parked in the garage.
I made my way to his house and used the extra key he had given me a few weeks ago to open the door. He gave me the keys so I could come in and out of his house whenever I wanted to. That was how much he loved and trusted me. I was so stupid for accusing him of cheating.

I knew him way too well to cheat and I had to apologise. I walked into the living room and caught sight of my love sitting on the floor with an empty bottle of whiskey beside him.
I went over to him and hugged him.
"I'm so sorry baby, I should have never suspected you of cheating."
"I love you so much Lewis, please forgive me for what I said", I explained while caressing his face.
"Hmm", he said amusingly and looked at me.
"Are you actually drunk?"
"I thought you had a good tolerance." "Did a bottle of whiskey really knock you out?", I asked while raising the bottle to make sure it was empty.
"C'mon baby, do you really think a bottle of whiskey could make me drunk?"
He said to me in his normal voice, which convinced me that he was sober.
"I, I'm so sorry Lewis."
"I feel really bad for saying those words to you..it was because she said that..I thought you didn't want to sleep with me because I didn't have a good body.
"I I I..."

Before I could finish my statement, Lewis' lips were on mine.
He kissed me with so much passion that my knees grew weak and I collapsed on the floor.
I could taste the whiskey on his tongue as he deepened the kiss.
He was now on top of me, with one hand beside my head and the other caressing my body.
I wrapped my hands around his neck and dug my hands into his hair and pulled him closer, making both of us feel hot from the proximity.
He moved from my lips and trailed kisses down my neck, making sure to leave hickeys after every kiss.
This caused me to feel an electric shock all over my body and I moaned loudly, signalling for him to go further but his kisses stopped.
I opened my eyes and saw him looking at me in admiration.
"Do you still think I don't find you attractive, my love?"
He asked me teasingly.
"Uh no, no I don't", I said while fanning myself with my hand.
"You are the most beautiful and sexy woman in this world."
"Don't let anyone make you feel inferior my love", He said to me while cupping my red cheek.
I smiled back at him.
"I love you so much and don't you ever think that I don't desire you in that way."
"I've only been stalling because I want our first time to be very special", he said as he kissed my hand.
"You're so sexy that I try my best to resist you every time I set my eyes on you."
"The first time I felt like that was during our trip in Japan, when you were wearing PJs that exposed your skin."
"I struggled a lot, all I wanted to do was rip the PJs off your body and fuck you right on that counter in that moment."
He admitted to me, making me blush and look away.
"We'll surely do it, but only when we feel we both want it."
"Let's not do it just because we're horny okay?"
He said to me while holding my hands.
"Okay", I said and hugged him.
I was happy that he had now forgiven
me.

I agreed on what he said about us having sex because I really didn't want to do it before marriage.
My mom had always taught me that sex was a gift that was given to only a husband and a wife. It was meant to be enjoyed only after marriage because it was a special thing that brought them together. Sex wasn't a thing you had with just anyone, it had the power to bring a husband and wife together or break them apart if shared with anyone apart from your husband or wife. It was also the gateway of a married couple to have children. I always thought of it as something I would enjoy on my wedding day, and I was glad that Lewis didn't push me to do it before marriage.
I smiled as I thought of Lewis as my husband and us having children. We had only dated for nearly a year but I was sure I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him and have children with me.
I silently prayed that he would propose soon, because I definitely couldn't wait to become his wife.

Lewis' POV

I sighed in relief when I found the last bottle of whiskey I had.
I hadn't drunk in a while, so I didn't have the chance to buy any.
I had just finished chugging the bottle when I heard footsteps. I knew they had to be Victoria's because she was the only one that had keys to my house.
She came over to me in a split second, apologizing for what she had said earlier.
I wasn't mad at her at all, I knew she felt insecure and I totally understood. I wanted her to know that she was the best and she deserved the best.
She was saying some shit about her not being attractive enough for me to want to sleep with her but I cut her short by kissing her. I was going to show her how much I wanted her, but I wouldn't take it too far. If I continued any longer, I wouldn't be able to control myself and we would end up doing something that we both would regret.
I knew very well that you only have sex when married and I wanted to keep it that way. I knew she understood this because she didn't question my words as I explained why I didn't want us to have sex yet.
She hugged me and I inhaled her scent.

I smiled as I felt peace once again. I loved her, and she loved me too. I didn't want to waste any more chances by keeping her only as my girlfriend. I wanted her as my wife and the mother of my children. I was going to propose to her soon, but I was waiting for the right time, and I promised to make it as special as possible, because she was special.