Chapter 7 : The Plan

Lewis' POV

I stood, waiting for Victoria to come after she was done.
I couldn't help but wonder if she was really going to date Kaden, he would only hurt her.
We never saw eye to eye when it came to women. He was a playboy and I on the other hand, didn't have time to date.

The only girl I tried to date left me for my rival Mason, the CEO of Hunter& Sons.
He bullied me when I was in high school and always took my stuff whenever I came to school.
He would beat me up whenever I tried to fight back.
I didn't dare tell my parents that I was being bullied, they would have never let it slide.
My mum always taught me to not let the bullies get their way no matter what, which was why I endured the beatings. I was relieved when my family moved cities, and I had to change my school. I was finally out of Mason's sight and everything was now perfect.
But 10 years later, that bastard still managed to find his way into my life. It wasn't enough that he got into textile and furniture like I did, he also founded his own company and built it in the same area that Mark&Co was located. I thought it was a coincidence but after he stole Stephanie from me, I knew that he was bent on making my life miserable.
This was why I became so secretive and kept things to myself. I didn't date anyone or even keep friends.
I had only my Mum, Dad, my older brother Lucas and Kaden my childhood friend.
They were the only ones that knew the real me and cared about me.
I wanted to show the real me to Victoria but she kept on pushing me away. She called me selfish but that was how it had always been for me ever since high school.
Sure, I grew up in a rich family, but I never let money be the priority in my life.
After building my own company, it just sort of because a part of me. Without my money, people didn't care who I was. I made sure to build my legacy so that people would know who I was wherever I stood. I was often called the devilish billionaire because of how strict I was around my staff. I couldn't risk anyone betraying me like Stephanie.
She had asked my staff about confidential matters in order to inform her lover boy Mason. I wondered how that nice woman turned out to be working with him.
I loved her, but I guess she didn't love me enough.

That was well over 3 years ago, so I didn't have any feelings for her.
She was still with him and they made a very evil looking couple.
I was kicked back into reality when I heard a buzzing from Vic's bag. Her phone was ringing and she wasn't done with her business. It looked like it was her friend calling, because the caller ID read "Aysha Best Girl."
I thought that it was a good idea to inform her friend that she wasn't available to pick the call.
I answered the call and before I could introduce myself, I heard a female voice over the phone.
"Girl, how was it?"
"Is he still ignoring you?"
"Or did you teach your hot boss a lesson today?"
Amused, I replied her.

"Uhmm hi."
"I think I'm the hot boss and yes, I was taught a lesson by Victoria if you're curious."
"She'd definitely give you more information when she gets home, right now she's busy."
The female voice gasped before ending the call abruptly.
"She must have been surprised", I said to myself while laughing.
I heard water splashing and turned my head to the direction of the sound when I saw Vic washing her hands.
God, why do ladies take so long to get their business done?
I thought to myself as she approached me and reached for her bag.
I told her about my call with her friend and I teased her about the hot boss part.
She looked like she was gonna kill me but luckily I survived.
She told me the directions to her place and I drove her home.
Her friend was already waiting for her outside the house.
She introduced herself as the girl I had a conversation with and I said my greetings and waved them off.
I looked at the rear mirror and saw Vic dragging her friend by the arm into their house and I laughed as I made my way home.

The following day, I left for work, thinking about what Vic said last night.
I really hoped that she didn't like Kaden, it would make me so angry to see her with him.
I was already angry that he made her smile, now she was willing to fall into his arms.
I thought he would treat her better, but remembering his history with women made me cringe.
I was never going to let that happen.
I met her first and he didn't have a chance, that playboy attitude of his was never going to leave him.