Chapter 26

The air crackled with a tension heavier than the silence had ever been. Taehyung, paralyzed by the weight of Seokjin's words, became a statue of indecision. He couldn't answer. The question, simple yet profound, resonated like a deafening gong through the hollowness of his constructed reality.

Seokjin, his voice thick with emotion, continued, "I built Blue Mist with you, Taehyung. We poured our dreams, our struggles, all of it into that place. But I don't want a life built on a facade. I want you, the real man, the man I fell in love with," his voice choked slightly, "not some idealized version created to control the world around us."

Seokjin's tears, held back with a shaky breath, mirrored the storm raging within Taehyung. Did he love Seokjin? Or was it the image he'd meticulously crafted, the perfect partner for his dream life, that held his affection? The line between the two blurred, leaving him in a swirling vortex of confusion.

He watched, numb, as Seokjin signaled the waitress to take away his untouched food. The future he'd envisioned, a life built on control and perfection, crumbled around him like sandcastles at high tide.

Tears welled up in Taehyung's eyes, blurring the image of the man who held his heart. He knew, with a painful clarity, what he needed to do. He just needed to find the courage to speak the truth, not for Seokjin, but for himself, for their future, and for the chance to truly love and be loved, flaws and all.

~~~~~~

Jungkook diligently worked on his paperwork at the front desk, his pen scratching rhythmically against the paper. A brief moment of distraction pulled his gaze towards the small, brown mushroom plushie perched on the corner of his desk. A wave of nostalgia washed over him as he held the familiar object, its soft texture reminiscent of countless shared moments with Seokjin.

The plushie wasn't just a toy; it was a silent reminder of their unique bond, forged six years ago. Back then, whispers and rumors swirled around him in the gym, painting a distorted picture of his motivations. People gossiped, claiming his dedication to fitness stemmed solely from a desire to attract Taehyung's attention.

Those whispers had stung, leaving deep wounds that only Seokjin's unwavering support and genuine friendship could soothe. He remembered countless evenings spent venting his frustrations, Seokjin patiently listening and offering words of encouragement. The mushroom plushie, a playful gift from Seokjin during one such session, symbolized the solace and understanding he found in their friendship.

A pang of sadness flickered within him as he contrasted the warmth of their past with the awkward tension that now hung between them. He missed the easy camaraderie they once shared, the way they could simply be themselves in each other's presence.

As he continued his work, the memory lingered, painting a bittersweet picture of their relationship. The uncertainty of their future, coupled with the weight of unspoken feelings, left him feeling adrift, unsure of where they stood.

The chime of the gym door shattered the quiet reverie surrounding Jungkook. A flicker of hope ignited in his chest – perhaps it was Seokjin, finally returning to the gym after his unexpected absence following the party. But as the door swung open, revealing Jimin and Namjoon laden with gym supplies, his hope sputtered and died.

"Hey, Kook!" Jimin greeted, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Waiting for Seokjin again, huh?" His voice held a playful edge, laced with a hint of knowingness.

Jungkook, caught off guard, flushed crimson. He mumbled a barely audible denial, his gaze darting away from Jimin's teasing eyes. He felt a pang of guilt mixed with frustration. He shouldn't have let his thoughts wander, yet the uncertainty surrounding Seokjin's absence gnawed at him.

Namjoon, ever the mediator, stepped into the conversation. "Cut him some slack, Jimin," he said gently. "We all have people we miss seeing around." He offered Jungkook a sympathetic smile, acknowledging the unspoken weight of Jungkook's feelings.

Jungkook nodded his thanks, a silent appreciation welling up in his heart. He felt a sense of gratitude for Namjoon's understanding, a stark contrast to Jimin's lighthearted prodding.

Jimin, however, remained undeterred. "Just saying," he continued, a playful smirk on his face, "if you're looking for Seokjin, you might want to try his restaurant. Heard they have some killer vegan options now."

His words, though seemingly innocent, held a deeper meaning. They were a subtle reminder of the distance that had grown between Jungkook and Seokjin, a distance fueled by unspoken feelings and the ever-present shadow of Taehyung.

As Jimin and Namjoon retreated to the back room, Jungkook was left alone with his thoughts, the silence of the gym now heavy with a different kind of weight. He stared at the mushroom plushie, its comforting presence a stark contrast to the turmoil brewing within him.

It was during this time that their friendship blossomed. Witnessing the unfair treatment Seokjin endured, Jungkook instinctively offered support and camaraderie. He saw beyond the surface, recognizing Seokjin's genuine desire for self-improvement and his unwavering spirit. Their shared experiences forged a bond that transcended mere friendship.

As Seokjin persevered on his weight loss journey, their connection deepened. They confided in each other, sharing vulnerabilities and aspirations. Slowly, a spark ignited, and their friendship blossomed into something more. They were drawn to each other's genuine nature, finding solace and understanding in each other's company.

However, a dark cloud loomed over their burgeoning romance – social disparity. Jungkook, acutely aware of his financial limitations, grappled with the guilt of not being able to provide the kind of life he believed Seokjin deserved.

"Having a relationship is another stomach to feed."

He saw Taehyung, with his wealth and charm, as the embodiment of an ideal partner, a stark contrast to his own perceived inadequacies.

This internal conflict, fueled by societal expectations and self-doubt, became a barrier to their budding love. Jungkook, afraid of rejection and heartbreak, retreated, pushing Seokjin away under the guise of maintaining their friendship. It was a decision fueled by fear, not logic, and one that would leave both of them yearning for what could have been.

~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading my stories. I hope you love my story.

Please vote and comment nice words.

Have a nice day ^^

Borahae