Surprise and Sarcasm

Three years had passed since Link woke up.

"Dad! I caught a fish!" Trident said, holding the bass in Links face. "It's the first one I've caught since you've been here!"

"Hmmm, good. You going to eat it?" Link said, still reading his book.

"Hmmf. Nothing surprises him," Trident muttered.

"I got this," Wave whispered in his ear. "Hey dad guess what?"

"What?" Link said, annoyed.

"Hey dad! I found a date!" Wave said.

"False, I gave you the ugly, now please be quite so I can read," Link said.

They sat there for a moment, and then a knock abrupted from the door.

"For Hylia's sake," Link said, opening it.

"Hi dad, I'm pregnant!" Coral cheered.

"Hi Pregnant, I'm Dad," Link said. "And my lying senses are tingling. You heard them trying to surprise me, it didn't work."

"No, I'm actually pregnant," Coral said.

"Oh how wonderful!" Mipha cried, hugging her.

"Does that mean I'm a grandpa now?" Trident asked Wave.

"No, it means dads old and I'm a disgrace," Wave said. "but that means we're uncles."

"Do I get to make lame jokes like dad?" Trident asked again.

"No, it means I'm the weird uncle who will have the girlfriend everyone hates, but can't take a hint. You'll be friends with our nephew, and the writer will be chuckling because he finally was finally able to add stereotypes without them being racist," Trident explained.

"Who's the writer?"  

"Dunno, felt like making lame jokes like dad. The weird uncle gets the jokes," Wave explained.

"I wanna be the weird uncle," Trident muttered.

Meanwhile, Link continued to read his book.

"Dad, aren't you surprised?" Coral asked.

"I don't get surprised any more," Link said.

"Well why not? Be happy for your daughter and grandchild," Mipha said.

"I am, but I'm not surprised about anything. I have the first king of Hyrules arm, I have the sword of the goddess, my children were all unbeknownst to me, and I married a princess. Go figure out why nothing surprises me," Link replied. "Well, I can fake it. Wow, I never knew that after so much couples wrestling, you could have a child. Wow, so interesting. So strange, how surprised I am."

"I don't like you're tone," Mipha said. Link bolted out the door.