ch 14

In the next few days following up to the exams, Minho found himself with easier quests.

"It's like the system is prioritizing my grades...I don't know whether or not to be happy for escaping bullying another person in return for studying for hours..."

He bumped his head down against the textbook a few times before groaning again.

{ Host, please focus, } Casper cawed from beside him. It tapped its claw against the textbook corner.

"Shut up and let me die--" Minho paused and quickly got up-- "Wait, I'm just kidding, by the way," he hastily covered up.

{ Understood. }

Suddenly, there was a short ringing sound from his phone. Minho grabbed it begrudgingly and looked at the notification. It was from his friend's group chat, practically the only thing that ever caused notifications on his phone.

Jeongkook: Hey, did you hear? Seokjin argued with Eunwoo and said they should fight, but he ended up eating shit lmfao

Jeongkook: < video of the fight>

Suemin: That's crazy~

Daseul: Wow...his face got so much uglier...

Bumsoo: Of course that's all you girls care about

Bumsoo: Don't you know what this means??

Suemin: What, that Eunwoo's strong? We already know that

Bumsoo: Do you ever care about anything outside makeup lololol

Jeongkook: Minho, what do we do?

Bumsoo: It means Eunwoo's family has more money than Seokjin's family!! Why else would he think it's alright to beat up a son of the Simsung CEO's family?

Minho continued to read the chat silently as the girls began joking about switching sides. The past few days, the invisible threat named Eunwoo was being brought up in almost every other conversation.

"Is there no law and order in this school?" the white-haired boy sighed as he shut off his phone, resting his head in the crevice of his arm. "How is this even allowed? He's beat up at least 5 different people in the past week."

He turned to look at Casper and muttered, "Hey, you know anything else about this?"

{ Answer: No. Eunwoo's presence does not matter until the Yewon moves to Seoul. }

"So he has a huge presence before this entire thing starts and it doesn't even matter yet? I really should stay out of his way."

Minho paused.

"Come to think of it, I haven't even met the other main characters..."

Lee Minho had yet to meet the President's son and the other students that were to outcast him in a few months. They were brought up from time to time in passing, but Minho had never interacted with them once.

"Is one side character supposed to overpower the main ones like this?"

The crow stood eerily still and stared at Minho with its beady eyes. Minho's mouth quivered as he looked away.

"...Nevermind."

There were three knocks on the door, and then the door opened relentlessly. Surprised, Minho almost stumbled out of his chair.

"What the fuck?" he muttered, brushing his hair away angrily, "Who said you can just barge in like that?"

Lucas, who stood by the door, shrugged.

"I knocked and the door was open, so I let myself in."

"...You're ridiculous."

"Thank you."