ch 8

The loud, familiar siren of an alarm rang through the room, jolting Minho awake. With a quiet groan, he slammed his finger against the phone screen and moved around his feet slowly. He was on the verge of falling asleep again when a vibration from his phone stirred him awake.

Jeongkook: Minho, what do you want for breakfast today? It's piggy number 2's turn

With squinted eyes, Minho murmured, "Piggy number 2?"

{ Answer: The nickname refers to one of your bread shuttles*. Lee Minho typically orders fresh cream bread and peach juice, } Casper answered. It was standing on Minho's abdomen, leaning dangerously close to his face.

*bread shuttle: someone who's forced to do errands for others, like buying and delivering bread

Minho pushed back the crow and sighed.

"Doesn't the dorm provide food?" he asked as he finally sat up, recalling the dinner he ate last night. He reached for his toiletries reluctantly.

{ Answer: Yes. Breakfast and dinner are provided on weekdays, while lunch is also provided on weekends. However, Lee Minho occasionally orders food when tired of the menu. }

 "Do I have to make someone get my food? Is this a quest?" Minho yawned, sliding his hand inside his shirt and rubbing his stomach.

He regretted saying those words soon after.

{ Quest 3: Order food from your food shuttle. Reward: 1,000 won. }

It was obvious that Casper made it into a quest to force Minho to do so. The reward was measly, but the existence of the penalty persisted.

"...What the hell...That's not even enough to play one round in an arcade..."

Trudging out of his room and into the bathroom, the boy thought about what to order. The fresh cream bread and juice weren't costly enough for a person attending Vivian to worry about, so that seemed like the best option. He splashed his face with cold water and felt refreshed.

But then, the image of five-star Michelin patissiers scurrying to make bread for a poor victim of bullying flashed through his mind.

"...No way...right?"

While brushing his teeth, he took out his phone from his pocket and decided to respond back.

Lee Minho: idc

{ Quest 3: Complete }

"I guess I can dodge answering by acting cold," Minho noted, almost rolling his eyes at the money put in his system bank.

There was another boy who walked into the bathroom, but he flinched when making eye contact with Minho through the mirror.

"G-good morning," the boy stammered, hastily looking down at the sink.

"Is this someone I'm supposed to know?" Minho asked Casper, closing his eyes indifferently as he spat out the last of his toothpaste.

{ Answer: he is an irrelevant human that lives in the same hall as Lee Minho. }

With that answer in mind, Minho simply walked past the startled boy with his refreshed face, back to his room.

It didn't take much longer for him to dress up in his uniform, and he plopped onto the bed. He still had a decent amount of time before he needed to head to school, so he decided to scroll through his phone. He hadn't thoroughly looked through the device yet.

There were a few studying apps and rpg games but nothing particularly noteworthy. He decided to scroll through the original Minho's messages instead.

"Wow, he really only stuck to three words max," Minho mumbled to himself.