ch 9

It didn't take long for the bread shuttle to come back with everyone's food. He left as quickly as he came, bowing and leaving the classroom to escape any further wrath. Minho watched sympathetically.

"Oh," one of the group members suddenly sounded, averting Minho's attention, "I heard that Cheol-Woo is at school today, that punk. And he was all bandaged up. Is he trying to brag about being a loser?"

Knowing that he was the one who did the said bandaging, Minho kept quiet as the others began gossiping further. He ate the sandwich he got, dually noting that this was the regular meal the original Lee Minho would get, and continued to listen to the others.

"Maybe it was Eunwoo. I heard he was seen at that staircase that day," one muttered, sipping her juice.

"Oh my gosh, did you hear that he took over Seoul High? Coolio's money system was completely shut down and Eunwoo took all the money."

"I told him that dumb name would get him ganged up on...."

"Except, it wasn't a gang fighting him. It was just Eunwoo."

"Eunwoo's so serious about getting rid of this kind of fun. Really, why can't he just leave us alone?" another sighed.

Minho, having absolutely no idea who this strong 'Eunwoo' was, asked Casper, "So who the fuck is this guy, and should I be worried for my own life?"

{ Answer: Eunwoo is a senior at Vivian Private School. He is a major side character who protects the female lead from the shadows by a means of checks and balances of school bullies. He will not confront you until you harass the female lead, } the system answered.

"It seems like Lee Minho has been a big deal for a while now," Minho noted. "Why didn't Eunwoo do anything so far?"

{ Answer: that only matters for the plot of the main story. The main story only starts when the female protagonist arrives. }

Minho had to stop himself from pinching the bridge of his nose as he finished the last of his sandwich. 2 months was all he had before he had to worry about being in Eunwoo's line of sight.

"Eunwoo's been pretty quiet at our school though," one of the girls giggled, suddenly tapping Minho's shoulder flirtatiously. "Maybe it's because you're here?"

"He knows his place," Minho answered back, taking a sip of his drink. 

"Hey, I'm also here you know," Jeongkook scoffed, earning laughter from the others.

Like this, lunch break continued. Minho couldn't help but think that the people around him now acted much like every other person if you ignored the fact that they got their lunch from a bread shuttle just an hour ago. They talked about regular things like regular people.

"Oh Minho," Jeongkook suddenly said. "Hyunjoon sunbae* said he misses you at the karaoke. Are you going tonight?"

*a formal thing tacked on at the end of a name of someone older in the same situation (school students, idols, etc.)

{ Quest 4: Meet Jung Hyunjoon at 10 PM. Reward: 300,000 Won, } the system cawed, earning Minho's attention immediately. It was a sum that was much more than the previous quest. But the boy could only assume one thing from this:

"Meeting this Hyunjoon is a big deal, isn't it, Casper?"

So as the break ended and everyone returned to their seats, Minho learned about Hyunjoon from the system.

Jung Hyunjoon was someone who already graduated from their school last year, making him a year older than Minho. Hyunjoon got accepted into the second top university in Korea, but supposedly it was common knowledge that this was due to his power more than his intelligence; he was the next CEO of a big motor brand. And because of this, he was an arrogant school bully who expected many to respect him, including Lee Minho.