10

Vivienne's pov, the next morning.

"Hey, everything alright?" Henry asks gently and I realize I must've been falling asleep in class, we had charms and we were assigned pair work for the rest of the class.

"Yeah sorry" I mumbled rubbing my eyes and Henry doesn't seem convinced, "I've literally never seen you fall asleep in class"

"Honestly everything is fine, I slept late last night because Fred and I were spending time together" I reassure him.

"Oh, I see" his concerned expression turns into a smug one and I raise an eyebrow at him, to which he responds, "And how late were you lot together?"

"You really need to get the idea out of your head Henry"

"What idea? I didn't say anything"  he says innocently and I give him a look,

He shrugs, "I'm just saying, you're attractive, he's attractive-"

"Stop speaking"

He huffs, rolling his eyes and he changes the subject, "Fine. Do you have a date to the Yuleball?"

"No I don't" I reply, ignoring the memories from last night.

"Would you like to be my date?" he's grinning mischievously and I can't help but tease him,

"I don't know...I recall a certain someone saying he didn't do boyfriend-girlfriend" I trail off and his grin drops, "You're mean"

"And plus, i'm asking you to be my non-girlfriend date to the yuleball, we're going strictly as friends who have slept together" he shrugs and I have to cover my mouth to hold back the laughter,

"Why then yes, i'd love to be your non girlfriend date to the Yuleball"

Fred's pov

"Did you ask Stella to be your date yet?" I ask George as we sit at the Gryffindor table for lunch,

"Yeah I asked her this morning, she said yes. Who are you going to ask?" he replies, beginning to pile mashed potatoes onto his plate.

"Angie"

He looks at me then back at his plate and hums, "Hm, that's nice"

"What?" I'm taken aback by his response and he shrugs,

"I mean, you could ask Vivienne to go as friends"

"And why would I do that"

He stares at me and raises his eyebrows, and my eyes wander to the Slytherin table and I see Vivienne sat with Henry, Oscar, Stella and a few other Slytherin students.

George sighs before saying, "Fred you're not just leading Angie on right?-"

"What? I'm not leading her on-I never said I don't like her" I reply defensively, and it's true, I really do enjoy spending time with her.

"I'm just saying, if you don't see yourself getting over Vivienne anytime soon do you think it's fair to let Angie get the wrong idea?" He explains and I understand where he's coming from, George has the tendency to worry about everyone's feelings except his own and feels the need to defend those who he thinks can't defend themselves.

"Mate Angie is my friend, even if I decide I don't like her romantically I would never do that to her" I'm offended he thinks I would hurt her feelings on purpose but I try to remember he's just trying to be a good friend.

"She's my friend too, which is why I don't want to see her get hurt"

I go to reply when i'm interrupted by Lee siting down beside me, "Bloody hell who knew finding a date to the yuleball was this hard?"