5

"What do we think?" I ask Stella as I show her my outfit, it was nothing special. A black skirt with a green cashmere sweater tucked into it, with black sheer tights under for extra warmth and some black platform boots. The black part of my hair tied up into a small ponytail with the rest of the white hair let down, my natural curls extra curly since I had showered earlier today and my makeup simple.

"I think you look great! That skirt is so flattering" She smiles and I look at the skirt in the mirror, unsure with its short length. "Are you sure it's not too short?-"

I'm cut off with a knock pattern I recognize as Oscar's and call out for him to come in, he walks in with with his usual smile, his usual brown curls just as messy, wearing black washed out jeans with a black sweater and some platform boots as well. "Hello ladies are we ready?"

"Oscar tell Vivienne her skirt isn't too short so we can leave" Stella states as she applies lip gloss and I turn to Oscar who's eyes are on my legs, he seems to choose his words carefully and gestures with his hand for me to turn around, I give him a twirl and he shrugs, "It's not too short"

"What Oscar really means is you look amazing, isn't that right Oscar?" Stella turns to Oscar and he rolls his eyes, "Of course you look amazing Viv, do I really have to tell you?" He teases as he comes up to me and wraps his arm around my shoulders and pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

"Alright we can leave I'm done" Stella interrupts us, she's wearing black jeans with a grey sweater and some black boots as well, her wavy black hair pulled into a pony tail. 

•••

"Vivienne Black? Are my eyes deceiving me?" Henry Thorn jokes as he pulls me into a hug, he's a fellow sixth year slytherin, Oscar's close friend. "Little Vivienne is all grown up, I didn't even have to beg her to come tonight" Oscar teases, we had just walked into the Gryffindor common room and Stella had walked off to say hello to some people she knew.

"What can I get you to drink Vivienne?" Henry offers, "Whatever you're having" I reply and his smile widens,

"That's funny, you're funny Vivienne, She will not be having whatever you're having Henry don't even think about it-" Oscar tries to say but he's suddenly interrupted by a fifth year ravenclaw who doesn't acknowledge Henry and I as she runs her hand up Oscar's arm and whispers something into his ear. "Right. Viv is fine with me Oscar, see you later" Henry says as he wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me towards the drinks i'm assuming.

I watch as Henry begins to pour me a drink and I take a moment to admire his looks, Henry, like Oscar is also very tall, although shorter than Oscar he's still six foot three, blonde hair and green eyes making him a lot more approachable than some of the other guys on the quidditch team. He's what you'd call a gentle giant. "Just drink it slowly yeah? It's pretty strong love" Henry says softly, he had leaned down closer to my ear to make sure I heard him over the music and I thanked him as I took a sip.

Bloody hell he was right. "Do I even want to know what's in this drink Henry?"

"Eh probably not love" He grins and I shake my head in amusement, he leads me towards some of the couches and we sit down a bit too close for comfort but I ignore the nerves and take another sip. We talk a bit about our classes before he asks, "So what made you come tonight?", his body turned towards me and I cross one leg over the other as I turn towards him a bit. "Would you believe me if I said I wanted to get drunk?"

"Not really" He jokes and I laugh, "Yeah, I don't know to be honest. I'm just trying to be more laid back this year, have some fun"

"Yeah?" His voice is lower and his eyes flicker to my lips, "Yeah" I reply in almost a whisper. Before he can do anything we're both startled by my own voice.