Welcome to Memphis

Outfit of Arriving at Graceland ⬆️

Persephone Beaulieu's POV

The days fly by faster than I ever anticipated. Today is June, 27th. Tomorrow I leave for Memphis. 

I am up in my room, finishing my packing with the help of Momma. I hold up a cute black and white polka-dot cropped top, and skirt combination she had bought from me. "Should I bring this with me?" I ask

She looks the outfit over. "As a mother, I feel as though I should say no, but as a woman? Yes." She says. "But if your father sees it, you packed it without my knowledge. Got it?" 

I nod my head, neatly folding it into my baggage. I look around, I have spent the whole day packing with Momma's help, so there isn't much left except my makeup and perfumes, which Momma is gently packing for me right now, so none of it gets broken on the trip. "Well, I think that's everything then." I say to her as she finishes packing those items for me. 

She looked around my room to confirm everything I would need for this trip was packed. "I suppose you're right." She says. "Alright, well, let's go down for dinner, sweetheart. Your father decided to cook dinner tonight, so that should be interesting at least. If it doesn't taste good, pretend so you don't hurt his feelings." She says, grabbing my hand, and leading me down the stairs to the kitchen where Daddy is taking a meatloaf out of the oven. 

Daddy looks at us when he hears us enter the room. "Hi, hon. I decided to make dinner tonight before you leave." He says with a smile, holding the meatloaf he made out. 

I smile at him, happy that he was so proud of his creation. "I see that, Daddy. And I'm sure it tastes even better than it looks." I tell him. 

Momma calls for my siblings and we all sit down at the table to eat the meal Daddy has prepared for us, which consists of Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans. The meatloaf was a little dry, but other than that it was actually really good, which surprised Momma and I both, as we shared a look. 

After dinner, I helped Momma with the dishes, even though she told me I didn't have to and I should go to bed as I had an early morning. After the dishes were cleaned, I went up to bed. 

Tomorrow, I will no longer be in Germany, but in Elvis's arms. 

Time Skip

I wake up to my 6:30 alarm, telling me it is time to get up. Today is the day I fly from Germany to Memphis, Tennessee to see the man I have fallen madly in love with. 

I exit my room and walk to the bathroom to shower for the day ahead of me. After my shower, I walk back to my room and start on my hair and makeup. By the time I am done, it is 8 AM. I walk down the stairs to the kitchen to see the usual sight, Daddy with a newspaper and coffee, Momma with her book. 

They look up at me and smile. Momma gets up and hands me a plate of eggs, which are still warm, telling me they were only made less than 10 minutes ago. "Are you excited, sweetheart?" Momma says as I sit down with my plate. 

I look up smiling at her. "Yes, Momma. I'm so excited to see Elvis again. I've missed him so much." I say and then dig into my breakfast. 

After I eat and wash my plate, Daddy looks at his watch. "Well, we'd better get going before you miss your flight." He says standing up from his seat. Daddy loads my luggage into the car. and then we are off to the airport. 

Arriving at the airport, Momma and Daddy come in with me, helping me navigate everything I've got to do. We check my luggage, and then they walk me to my gate. I turn to look at them. "Well, this is it." I say to them. I had about 5 minutes before my flight started boarding.