He Wants To See Me?

Outfit of the chapter (School) ⬆️ (Elvis's Party)⬇️

Outfit of the chapter (School) ⬆️       (Elvis's Party)⬇️

Persephone Beaulieu's POV

The following Monday at school, all I can think about is him. His eyes, his voice, even his smell.

The teacher asks a question. "Can anyone tell me the four major food groups?" She asks. My hand shoots into the air. "Miss.Beaulieu?'

I put my hand back down. "Well, there's meat, dairy, fruits, and vegetables. They all make up the food pyramid. " I say in a confident voice, knowing I'm right. Class is the only place I can find myself able to speak up. Im comfortable.

The teacher smiles. "Well done, Persephone." She says. I smile back at her, before putting my head back into my book to study.

Time Skip - After School

I get home after school to find the house empty. Cilla was hanging out with a friend, Daddy was working, and Momma was out shopping.

After setting my books down the house phone starts to ring. I walk over to answer it. "Hello?" I answer in a calm tone.

"Persephone? It's Terry." His voice sounds through the receiver.

I straighten up hearing his voice. "Oh, hi." I say to him.

"I just got a call from Elvis asking if you could come over Friday." He says to me.

My eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "Really?" I say, shock audible in my voice. "He wants to see me?"

I hear Terry chuckle on the other end of the receiver. "Do you want me to ask your father?" He asks.

My Daddy. My face falls. "They're not going to let me go again." I say, remembering the fight I put up about going in the first place.

"Let me talk to him." He says to me. Why is he so willing to help me? Just a few days ago he couldn't remember my name, now he wants to talk to Daddy for me so I can go to another party?

I shake those thoughts from my head. Help is help. "Okay." I say. "Thank you. Bye." I hang up the phone, leaning my back against the wall. Does Elvis truly want to see me? Why? Did I upset him in some way last time?

I guess I'll find out.

Time Skip

Before I know it. Cilla and I are with Terry and Carol on our way to the Presley house once again. If it is even possible I am more nervous than last time. Last time Elvis didn't know who I was, This time, he requested me by name.

Once again Cilla is upfront with Terry while Carol is in the back with me. This time she is talking about this new dress she has her eyes on at the store that she is sure Johnny will adore.

We pull up to the house and once again it is surrounded by a mass of girls. We walk past them and enter the house. After we enter, I see Elivs is at the piano, again.