Chapter 32

This is a request for SydneyKripp I hope you enjoy it! I could make a second one for you if this wasn't what you wanted!

Branch whimpered, running after Floyd, he can't leave, not again! He's been through this already!

"Floyd!" He called, trying to run faster.

Floyd turned around, glaring at the youngest, "You messed up. Now we're gone." Then he turned around and ran again.

Branch was frozen in place, Floyd wouldn't...he wouldn't say that!

Right...?

Then JD popped into his vision.

JD sighed, "I'm so disappointed, Branch."

He whimpered, reaching for the oldest, "Don't go! Don't leave me!"

JD pulled away, "You were bad. This is your punishment."

Branch began to cry, "No..." he whimpered, watching as JD faded away.

Then Bruce showed up and he grabbed the second oldest, "Don't go! I'll be good! I won't mess up!" He begged.

But he was shoved to the floor as Bruce scoffed, "Don't touch me, you'll infect me with your fucking curse."

Branch curled in on himself as Clay faded into view, "Branch.." he said, kneeling down, "How could you tear our family apart like this?"

Then all four voices spoke as Clay's body faded out of sight.

"First mom and dad, then us, then grandma. Who's next, Branch? Who."

Branch woke up with a loud scream, his heart pounding as his eyes darted around the room.

-In the living room-

The older four hadn't been able to fall asleep, they honestly have no idea why.

Well, they hadn't until an hour later when a loud scream rang throughout the bunker.

They didn't hesitate for even a second and they were off down the hall.

They all knew that scream, it was still the same after all these years.

High pitched, frightened, sad...

That's Branch's scream.

Finally, they all made it to Branch's room, Floyd tried to open the door but it was locked.

They could hear Branch sobbing and begging.

Bruce narrowed his eyes and gently pushed Clay and Floyd into JD who held the younger two tight.

Then he threw his body against the door, repeating the process until it finally broke and they were able to get in and help Branch.

They hated the sight they saw.

Branch is curled up on his bed, sobbing and looking like he saw a ghost.

Floyd was the first to run over to him and pull him up, "Hey, hey, angel..I'm right here, it's gonna be okay, shhhh..."

Branch choked on air as he tried to get away.

Floyd frowned and let him go, something's wrong..

"Branch, what happened, angel?"

Branch stared at them all, watching them carefully.

Then he reached out and touched Floyd's face, "You're real...really really really real!"

Floyd grabbed his hands and looked him in the eyes, "Of course I'm real, sweetness...are you okay?"

Branch didn't avoid the eye contact.

That's what really tipped Floyd off to something being seriously wrong.

Branch can't make eye contact unless he's extremely distressed and has no idea he's doing it.

Floyd took a deep breath, pulling Branch into a tight hug, "Come here, come on..there we go...shhhhh.."

JD frowned, walking closer to them and sitting on the end of the bed, quickly followed by Clay and Bruce.

"Hey, starlight, is everything alright over here..?"

Branch looked up at him with empty eyes.

The oldest three barely held back gasps of fear when they saw how empty they were.

His shine is gone as well!

JD bit his thumb nervously.

Bruce smiled a bit, "Hey, baby..what's going on? What happened?"

Clay nodded, "We wanna help you, duckling..how can we help you?"

Branch just continued to stare, limply sitting in Floyd's arms.

Floyd bit his lip, looking down to Branch, "Hey, buddy..come on, we need to know what's wrong, sweetness.."

Branch was completely still.

But then he jolted with a loud gasp, curling into a ball.

Floyd nearly screamed from the suddenness, but he thankfully managed to be quiet.

He rubbed Branch's back, trying to soothe the youngest who was still freaking out.

JD ran off to go get some water and medicine, promising to be back quickly.

He had unknowingly made it worse for Branch.

Clay sat next to Floyd, trying to make Branch laugh.

Bruce smiled at them all, trying to comfort Branch by grabbing a few books and laying them out, wanting to try and read to him.

Kind of like the stories they used to read to Branch when he was a baby and he had a nightmare.

The remaining three watched as Branch pointed at one of the books.

The Ugly Duckling.

Another reason why Clay calls him, 'Duckling' it was his favorite story as a trolling.

Clay grabbed the book and climbed on the bed, sitting on Branch's other side so he was closest to the wall, "Alright! Great choice, man! You want me, Floyd, Bruce, or JD ro read it?"

Branch shakily pointed at Clay, "Voices..." he gulped, "Good actor..."

Clay cooed, "Awww, you want me to read because I'm a good actor and I'm good with voices?"

When Branch nodded, Clay nearly squealed, but he held back, not wanting to scare the youngest more then he already was.

Then JD came back with the water and medicine, "I'm back, guys!" He said, sitting on the end of the bed and passing it all to Branch, "Here ya go, kid."

Branch took the water and took a sip, then he put on of the pills in his mouth, after swallowing that one, he swallowed the next one.

JD smiled. "There ya go, buddy."

Bruce smiled at Floyd who went back to hugging Branch, then Clay got started with the story.

Before it had even finished, Branch was fast asleep along with Floyd and JD.

Big brothers win.