Chapter 21

(This happened to me the other day lol- again, Branch is how I cope so he's acting as me! Idk what they're devices are actually called so please work with me- I'm just a sad gremlin lol)

Branch sighed as he paused in the hallway.

Clay wouldn't stop texting him!

They should both be asleep, considering Clay has an early book club meeting and Branch...

Well Branch just needs some damn sleep.

As he stood there, he didn't notice JD walk out of the living room.

He nearly screamed when he noticed his older brother and he fumbled his phone.

He really didn't wanna break it, it was a gift from the Funk Trolls!

That's where most phones and other devices came from.

JD began to die of laughter as his baby brother brought his phone close to his chest.

Branch began to laugh as well, he loved getting jump scared!

It's just so fun!

The adrenaline rush, his instincts kicking in?

He loves it!

Branch finally walked into the bathroom like he does every night and did his business and quickly went back to his room.

He quickly climbed into bed and sighed happily, he needed that laugh..

Then Floyd and Bruce came into his room uninvited.

They both sat next to him on his bed, "Hey, buddy.." Floyd said softly.

Bruce smiled at him, "You were supposed to be asleep a while ago.."

Branch pouted and nodded, "I-I know, I just...struggle to sleep..my routine..."

Floyd nodded, he knows how important Branch's routine is to him, "So this is part of your own little ritual?"

Branch nodded and yawned, "Yep."

Bruce chuckled, "As long as you're well rested in the morning.."

Floyd smiled at Bruce, "Bro, he didn't hear you.."

He tilted his head, "What?"

Floyd pointed at Branch who's fast asleep.

He sighed, "Oh well, at least he does sleep, right? Or else I would have to go all papa bear on him."

Floyd giggled, "Keep that in mind the next time he stays up all night! Sweet Baby can barely stay awake all day when that happens...just needs a comforting push to put him right to sleep.."

Bruce smirked, "Oh, I definitely will."

Big brothers win again.