Deserve You

Request by: Superflash2255

*

Red Kryptonite can be a devious thing, especially when it falls down onto the Earth and effects National City's Golden Heroine of the century, the cousin of the Man of Tomorrow who resides within Metropolis.

Where it began? It was just a normal day for Supergirl aka Kara Zor-El, or Kara Danvers within her job, CatCo Media and to the rest of her family and friends, Supergirl and Kara Zor-El were the same people, but Kara Danvers? She was a different person.

Smart, nerdy, geeky and the cute girl with the glasses, she may not seem much but it wasn't what her soon to be Husband, her High School Sweetheart, Y/N L/N, saw in her.

He fell in love with Kara Danvers, who was just new to Midvale High at the time, he was her first Earth friend since coming here to Earth at twelve years old, before he even knew the other side of her, the secret she kept from him until the Prom.

When she revealed her true heritage, that she was a Kryptonian, much like Superman, the boy wasn't convinced, until she levitated herself and did mostly all she could to convince him otherwise, but in reality? He just wanted to see her float off the ground and put on a show for him, his vibe was something that Kara loved about Y/N, alongside his charisma and selflessness, he'd help anyone any day of the week.

However... He had to keep it all a secret about Kara's heritage from his parents... Before they eventually found out nonetheless...

Kara Zor-El and Supergirl she came to be some years later, was this goddess like figure. Girly, friendly, powerful and naïve at times, always willing to help others, she thinks that she rubbed it off from her boyfriend... Or well...

Fiancé now, the day after Kara debuted as Supergirl which was just not long ago, Y/N popped the million-dollar question...

To Marry Her.

Ecstatic and all? She said yes almost immediately while her sister that adopted her, Alex Danvers watched with tears of joy, the news spread quickly of the proposal, Y/N insisted he'd take up the last name of the Danvers family, which both his and Kara's adopted mother were alright with.

However...

Things would soon turn for the worse...

When Kara began to act... Stranger as some time continued... From what seemed to be an odd feeling to her that she was effected by something after snuffing out fires raging throughout a building and saving Firemen...

Her behavior began to change drastically some time after, she was being rude, cocky, not giving a damn or feeling sympathy for anyone at all... Prone to anger very quickly and would lash out violently...

Unfortunately... Y/N would fall victim to this lashing out too...

Alex was lectured by Kara... Or at least... Something that was effecting her mind in a way, the Red Kryptonite not known yet, but known soon at least, Alex was on the verge of tears before Red-K Kara dropped the bombshell and dropped off the engagement ring to Alex's feet, which completely sunk Alex's heart, she recalled on Kara not "wanting him anymore" but that wasn't true... Whatever this Kara was saying??

That wasn't her sister talking... That wasn't Supergirl...

It was the Red-K effecting her mind that was talking...

Y/N had tried to stop Kara from making a big mistake, not knowing about the Red-K that was effecting her, then a fight ensued, a fight...

That Y/N could not win...