Accidental Confession

"Y/N!"

"Y/N!".

You heard your name being shouted by your boss Ms Grant.

You had brought in a report you worked on for the last couple of weeks and thought she only shouted you over due to it not having enough work into it.

You stepped into her office, hands behind your back.

"you uh, called me Ms Grant?"

"do you have any idea how long it has been since this was first published?"

She points to the report you brought in, finding out about Supergirl's identity and who she is.

"oh, that is the Supergirl identity thing you told me to work on... Wait... When did you last ask me?"

"it's been over 6 months and now I get it back?"

Back then, you were the one to have the report done and finished within 2 to 3 days, but now, you were always very late bringing in reports, you had so much going on in your life, mostly family issues, you didn't have enough time to work on reports as much as you used to.

"I... I apologise Ms Grant, I just don't have enough time to..."

"well done" Cat smiles, thinking you've done an excellent job.

"oh, um... Thank you".

"but it still doesn't earn you a high pay check for 6 months work".

You rolled your eyes and groaned.

"um, Ms Grant, oh... Hello Y/N" Cat's assistant and Journalist of Cat-Co walks through the door and stops in her tracks.

"hi Kara" you smile at her.

She had 2 coffees in her hand, one was for you apparently.

"I uh, got your coffee Ms Grant and one for you too Y/N, since you've been low on energy recently" Kara smiles at you while handing you the coffee mug.

"thank you very much" you smiled brightly at her, taking a sip and realising she got you your favourite coffee.

"you got my favourite, how did you know?"

"James".

"ah" you chuckled.

Cat clears her throat, grabbing your attention.

"oh, apologies Ms Grant, I'll uh, dismiss myself".

You turned to leave her office, leaving Kara to speak with Cat alone, you popped into James' office and spoke with him.

"so, Kara told me you told her about my favourite Latte?"

"yeah, she's a keeper, she knows you've been struggling and wanted to help you".