Long Lost Friends Turned Lovers

Being trapped in the Phantom Zone wasn't something that was supposed to happen, years ago you sacrificed yourself to save Earth from Non and his followers.

The DEO were devastated about your sacrifice, especially Alex Danvers, your partner in the DEO.

J'onn felt your death coming, he knew of the risk you took, sharing final moments before taking action.

Kara on the other hand was different, you and her were best friends and she developed feelings for you when she was beginning her career as Supergirl.

Years later, appearing in the Phantom Zone after Kara's father Zor-El mentioned he and a valuable ally to help them escape the Phantom Zone.

It ended up being you, she was completely shocked and teary eyed when seeing you, her best friend was standing in front of her, alive and kicking ass.

During the time to escape the Phantom Zone, you soon learned Kara and Zor-El were working with Nyx who came from the 5th dimension and she was never to be trusted, she was the cause of you to be abandoned and left to die, but something kept you alive.

A spirit of a Kyoshin, an ancient warrior tribe dating back in Ancient Japanese Mythology, it kept you from being affected by the Phantoms' illusions.

Within that time, Nyx already betrayed them and set off with her plan... A plan you were trying to stop.

But you also agreed to help Kara and her father to get out of the Phantom Zone, Kara managed to contact Alex and J'onn along with some others you haven't met yet.

They were on their way to the Phantom Zone to get all of you out, and in the meantime, all you had to do was survive.

Zor-El learned from Kara how you and her were very close, she was your first Earth friend and considered a friend of the family, and how much you've spent time with her.

When attacked by Phantoms, Kara was hit, her eyes turned a bit white and blue, she started to doubt herself, losing all hope.

"hey hey, Kara listen... Listen to the sound of my voice, there's still hope, Alex and the others are almost here, I feel their spirits coming closer".

"no no you... Y-you don't understand... They'll die... Because of me".

"no they won't, you told me to never give up hope, remember? Now I'm telling you to never give up hope" you place your hand on her House of El crest on her suit.

"you told me the House of El stood for hope, it is a family coat of arms" you look at Zor-El who was supporting himself with a plank since his leg is injured. Nothing can heal in the Phantom Zone except you.

Connecting your scabbard to your belt, your free hands cup her cheek.

"look at me Kar" you say in a soft tone, pushing a strand of blonde hair behind her ear.