Chapter two.

Don't forget to check out light within after this,much appreciated. New story coming.

Prince Melus's POV.

Was it a dumb idea? I felt like it was, but I figured it wouldn't do any harm. I mean, he's so small and he's my servant, so he can't complain to my father, can he? I mean, there's no way he can, since he clearly likes me too, though I don't like him. Or am I being delusional? Can a man be in love with another? That seems pretty farfetched to me. I guess that would take away the joy of feeling high. Women are different. How could this possibly work anyway?

Would it be different if it were love between two men? Would it feel the same, or would it be a completely new experience? These questions swirled in my mind, and I couldn't seem to find any answers. It was frustrating and confusing, and I felt like I was going in circles. I sighed, trying to clear my head. But the thoughts wouldn't leave me alone. I was stuck in a rut, and I didn't know how to get out.

"How do they do it, even?" I thought to myself. "Why am I even thinking about this?" I couldn't stop thinking about the servant boy. His cute freckles, his soft hair, his innocent doe eyes. "This is so stupid," I thought to myself. "How can I even find another man attractive?" But deep down, I knew I was being dishonest with myself. The truth was, I couldn't stop thinking about him.

As the time of my coming of age ceremony approached, I couldn't help but feel a sense of anxiety. I knew I was supposed to be more mature, but I couldn't seem to get my head on straight. I just wanted to enjoy my life, have some fun, and not worry about the responsibilities of the throne. I know it's every royal's dream to rule, but it wasn't mine. I could never be as responsible and mature as my little brother. He was so focused, so dedicated, and always listened to our father. I couldn't even decide on the simplest of things, like what to wear.

I relied on others for even the most basic of decisions. If it wasn't for that gorgeous servant boy, I don't know how I would even get through the day. Wait, why did I call him gorgeous? That's not right. I don't feel that way, I can't. No, it's not possible. I pushed the thought out of my head, but it kept coming back. I realized I was becoming more and more distracted by this boy. I kept replaying the moment he walked in on me naked in my head. He seemed so flustered, so embarrassed. It was kind of cute, but Why was I thinking this way? Why did I care so much about him? I knew it was wrong, and that the idea was stupid,But the more I tried to ignore it, the stronger the need to fulfil it became.

I walked through the palace's long corridors, searching for my father. He had told me the night before that we would be touring the village, as he wanted to show me which parts needed fixing and which needed new houses built for the commoners. I had reluctantly agreed, as I knew that he would only force me to do it the next day if I refused. My little brother had offered to go in my place, and I was grateful for his kindness. But my father was insistent that I go, despite the fact that he often put my brother down and made him feel inferior. Sometimes I wondered if he would turn my brother against me, and make him hate me for being the favored son.

I felt like a lost cause, and I wondered if my father would ever realize that I wasn't cut out for this life. I didn't want to be king, I didn't want to rule over others. But I knew that I couldn't escape my fate, as much as I wanted to. I was trapped, and I didn't know what to do. As I continued down the hallway, I realized that I was already late for the tour. I quickened my pace, hoping that I wouldn't miss it and have to face my father's wrath.

"Oh, thank goodness you didn't run off like last time," my father said in a low voice, as I approached him. I could sense the relief in his tone, as well as a hint of annoyance. "Let's go, the cars and escorts are waiting," he said, leading the way.