36 | comfort

Ivory went out to go eat with Elio and I stayed back to catch up on the work I have missed

Ivory went out to go eat with Elio and I stayed back to catch up on the work I have missed. Well, that's what I told her.

As soon as I started to do that, my mind spiralled. That mission went as upside down as it could. I fucked failed as a mafia boss. Just like my dad used to always tell me I would.

And he fucking got away. My father got away. With helping in killing Bella. With killing my older sister. With killing my mother, his own wife.

I hate him so much. He's not getting away with this. Over my dead body. 

I'm going to find him and I'm going to kill him. Scratch that- I'm going to torture him with the help of Kylo and when we are finally satisfied, I'll give him a slow painful death that he fucking deserves.

With one swift move, the bottle of alcohol I was holding smashed against the wall. Fuck this. Fuck him.

That was my mum. The person that would take care of me, help me go to sleep when I couldn't, taught me new stuff everyday, and made me the man who I am today. Most importantly, she was there for me when he'd beat me.

And my sister, Alessia. She was the only person that could make me laugh and smile. Gosh, she made me the best food even though I'd never admit it to her. I wish I had the chance to.

My head falls into my head as I sit on the bed. Why me?

Why did I have to have the angry father, who shouted at every little thing? Why did I have to be the one he always took out his anger on?

Why couldn't I have a good family? A normal family? One where they'd laugh at the dinner table, watch movies together, be there for each other.

I just want my mum and sister back. I wish they could tell me everything was going to be alright, like they always did.

Fuck this. What am I thinking? I'm a man, I don't cry over shit like this. It's in the past, I gotta get over it.

A knock on my room door catches my attention. "I said don't fucking bother me!" I yell, not lifting my head. These stupid guards can't listen to a simple order?

The door opens and still, I choose not to look up. A soft, comforting voice catches my attention, "Kylian?"

"Ivory, get out," I mutter under my breath, just loud enough for her to hear. She can't see me like this. What would she think of me? Weak and pathetic.

"What's wrong, Kylian?" she asks, the worry evident in her tone. I don't reply but she takes steps closer and closer till she's right next to me. "Talk to me."