015

(🌲🏕️🦴)

The cabin had been quiet and weird since.. you know.

Laura lee's passing.

Ryleigh tried to distract herself by all of it as she kept an eye on Lottie.

They hadn't been able to find game in the resent days, leading them to where they where right now.

Eating worms.

Ryleigh was making sure the fire didn't go out as she put more wood in that she had chopped up earlier that day as Shauna passed food around from the other side of the fire.

"Jackie, you have to eat." Shauna told the Taylor woman.

"Why? What does it matter at this point?" Jackie asked back.

"Okay, I can't do this anymore." Mari said as she sat her bowl down and stood up going over to the pantry before coming back over with a big jar of something.

"What is that?" Coach Ben asked as he saw the mixture.

"It was some berries i was trying to save, but.. I think it might've turned into booze?" Mari sort of stated and aksed at the same time.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I could use a drink." Mari commented.

"Do we think it's safe?" Taissa questioned from beside her.

"Do we care?" The coach three back at her.

"I have a few more." Mari admitted as everyone looked at her.

"If we have booze let's have a party." Jackie announced.

"Yeah. Cause' we've got so much to celebrate." Tai sarcastically chipped in.

"Do we need a reason?" Jackie asked before continuing.

"We're gonna be dead in a few weeks." She sassed back at taissa leaving everyone else a little upset.

"There's a full moon tomorrow night." Misty said. "And it's almost home coming." Akilah chipped in from beside her.

"We packed dresses right?" Lottie asked everyone.

"For the awards dinner?" Ryleigh finished for her.

"There we go. We have dresses, we have booze. We can decorate." Jackie listed.

"Yeah. I think I see enough, moss and tree decorations around here." Ryleigh said with a face smile as Jackie gave her a death stare before continuing again.

"Have a sort of..moon homecoming."

"More like a doom homecoming." Taissa said trying to give it a better name as van left the room.

"A doomcoming." Lottie came up with as Natalie chuckled at her.

"Now thats a party idea." She said pointing over at Lottie.

"Yeah." Jackie said as this plan was starting to come together.

"All right. Doomcoming. Tomorrow night, we'll drink rotten berries and celebrate our impending death." Jackie said getting stares from everyone.

(🌲🏕️🦴)

"What are you doing lot?" Ryleigh asked walking over to the smaller girl who was making something on the porch by herself.

"Just making something." She said still concentrated on whatever she was making.

"Hey uh, lot." Ryleigh spoke up nervous to asked her next question.

"Yeah." Lottie said now looking up at the girl who was leaned against a piller of the cabin talking to her.

"I was uh- I know this may be awkward but I was wondering if you wanted to go to Doomcoming with me as friends." Ryleigh asked from where she stood as she nervously scratched the back of her neck.

"Yeah." Lottie was quick to answer back with a smile.

"Cool, I'll see you later." Ryleigh said as she started to walk away but nearly falling over something on the way back to making decorations.

She heard laughing from Lottie as she looking back seeing Lottie had just whiteness her nearly fall on her face as she turned back around before walked away red taking over her cheeks from embarrassment.

(🌲🏕️🦴)

Ryleigh had knew that this wouldn't be like a normal homecoming mainly with it being called doomcoming but she wanted to do something special for Lottie.

"Hey." Ryleigh spoke to Lottie as she entered the attic.

"Hey." Lottie said back to the girl who had her hands behind her back.

"Laura lee's dress." Ry said looking at what was in lotties hands.

"Yeah, I'm going to wear it to sort of honour her. You know?" Lottie responded.

"Yeah. That's very sweet of you Lottie." She reassured the girl before continuing speaking.

"I-uh- I" the Martin stuttered trying to get words out as Lottie looked over at her.

"Everything okay Ry?" She asked as Ryleigh continued to stutter not being able to get her words out.

"Yeah, I just uh- I made you this." Ryleigh said taking a Lottie a Corsages she had made with a white flower and sticks from behind her back showing it to Lottie.

"I know it's stupid, but I just thought you might like it." She continued holding it in one hand as she scratched the back of her neck with the other.

"It's beautifully Ry." Lottie told her and she took it from her hand.

"It'll go with Laura lees dress. Thank you." Lottie said landing a kiss on Ryleigh's cheek before stepping back and staring into Ryleigh's eyes as ryleigh stared into lotties.

"I'm going to go help mari with the food. I'll see you later." Ryleigh said breaking the girls eye contact as she left the attic.

(🌲🏕️🦴)

"Hey! Can someone help me zip my dress up?" Shauna shouted from the attic.

"Misty can you go help her?" Mari aksed Misty who had been walking past the pear who had been preparing the food.

"Sure. Yeah." She responded before setting down a Kitchen towel and something else.

"Keep chopping those Ry." Mari said referring to what she'd already been cutting up for her.

Ryleigh just muttered a quick "Okay." In response.

"Hey, Misty left mushrooms." Mari told the girl as she showed her.

"Nice." Ryleigh said looking at them.

As mari got a response she made her way over to the stew, putting them in it.

As the girls heard foot steps misty reentered the room.

"Uh, someone seen the mushrooms in-" Misty went to finish her sentence but was caught off guard when mari started speaking.

"Uh, yeah. You were holding out on us." Mari said with a slight laugh as she put in the last of them.

"They're in the stew." Mario told her leaving Misty to look over at the coach.

"Yeah- I um- I was saving them for a special occasion." Misty said with a smile towards the girl.

(🌲🏕️🦴)