chapter forty-one

Chapter Forty-One - Failure

"Okay, take your trousers off," Ophelia instructed.

Snow frowned, "What? No."

"You have to give birth standing up. Let gravity do its job. I read a book, I can do this," she explained.

"No."

Ophelia squatted, holding her hands out, "I can catch the baby. Do we have scissors? Gotta cut the umbilical cord-"

"No," Emma yelled, pulling Ophelia up.

Instead, David drove Mary Margaret to the hospital and the others followed in Emma's car. They waited in the waiting room, Ophelia and Regina performing a protection spell around the area to try and keep Zelena out. No one with dark magic should be able to get past it.

"Swan," a voice called.

Ophelia turned to see Hook, walking towards her.

"I heard the little royal was on it's way," he continued.

Ophelia took a deep breath, she was not going to lose the streak of standing up for herself, not today, "I don't think it's a good idea for you to be here right now."

He stepped closer, "I wanna help."

Ophelia looked into his eyes and almost caved. Almost. But she was stubborn and she was on a role of not taking shit that day.

"If you really wanted to help you would have told me when Zelena cursed your lips. God that sounds so stupid!"

"I had no choice. She threatened you and your family. I was trying to help."

She shook her head, "Telling me what was going on would've helped. I'm fed up with people thinking I can't handle shit."

"It wasn't that. You know it wasn't that. I believe you can handle anything. It would have been a death sentence for Henry," he argued.

"Henry's safety is Emma and Regina's concern and then mine. Not yours," she tried, although she found it incredibly endearing that he was that worried about Henry. "Which is why I'm taking this fight to Zelena. This has to end."

She turned around and began marching towards the door. She would be lying if she didn't say she was a little proud of herself for standing up for herself. Hook was inserting himself into a situation he should not have been in. Not at that stage. They'd kissed sure, but nothing else. He was not at a point where he should have been offering to ship Henry to New York without telling her or Emma and leave out vital information when it came to keeping said child safe.

"Ophelia, wait," David called, leaving the hospital room. "You don't have to do this alone."

She shrugged, "Yeah I do. You need to stay with Mary Margaret."