chapter twenty-seven

Chapter Twenty-Seven - Overwhelmed

They'd arrived back in Storybrooke and were greeted with applause from the townspeople. Ophelia was uncomfortable as all they'd done was get Henry back, something most people would have when their child goes missing.

She noticed how no one was greeting Regina, so she moved to stand next to her. 

"Did you really mean it when you said we could be friends?" She asked. 

Regina looked at her in shock, she hadn't expected to remember that. 

"Yes."

Ophelia turned to her, "Then I'm about to hug you."

Regina nodded slowly. Ophelia smiled, pulling her into a hug. 

"Thank you for everything. I know Henry is your son, but still," she whispered. 

"Thank you as well, Henry is your nephew but you still helped a lot," she repeated back to her. 

"You think? Because I felt useless most of the time out there," Ophelia admitted. 

"I don't think. I know, Ophelia," Regina assured. 

The moment was interrupted by Mary Margaret, who was loudly informing everyone that Regina was one of the main reasons they had made it out of Neverland alive. 

They then sealed Pandora's Box into another box, one that could only be opened by Gold himself. 

---

Ophelia was sat with Regina as the former had forced her to. It was part of their journey to becoming friends. That's what Ophelia had told her.

"So, what's with you and the pirate?" She asked. 

"Huh? What? No-"

"He's staring."

Ophelia rolled her eyes, "No, he-"

She turned around to see he was in fact staring and didn't turn around when she noticed him. She raised an eyebrow, to be fair, he was pretty bold but also they had kissed twice. She waved. He waved back. 

"We kissed, twice," Ophelia answered. 

Regina blinked, "You what?" 

Ophelia shushed her as she was being far louder than she wanted her to.

"When?"

"After he saved David because he had saved David and then again later because I felt like it," she told.

Regina was trying her best to be a friend to Ophelia, "Did you like it?"