chapter twenty-three

Chapter Twenty-Three - Darkest Secrets

Ophelia was staring at the unlit fire in front of her, trying desperately to get it to light. However, Regina's comments every two seconds didn't make it easier.

"Focus."

"Concentrate."

"It's kind of hard when you're talking in my ear," Ophelia snapped.

Regina paced around her, "And when the wind blows or it's raining, or someone's shooting arrows at you. Yes, concentration's hard. That's the point. Find your anger and use it to focus."

"No. There has to be a way without going dark," Ophelia whined.

"You're such a pathetic waste of ability," Regina insulted.

"And you're a bitch."

Regina smirked, "Smell that?"

"What?"

"Smoke."

Ophelia turned around and sure enough, the fire had lit. Emma joined her sister by the fire.

"Emma, I still need to pee," she whispered.

"Then go," Emma deadpanned.

"Ugh fine."

Ophelia got up, walking past David, Mary Margaret and Hook, all of them quietening down as she did. She narrowed her eyes as they did.

"I just need to pee. Hey, um this is gonna sound weird. Can you come with me Mary Margaret? I've kind of been putting this off. I don't know how it works without a toilet. I've never gone outside. I can't."

Mary Margaret laughed. She stopped when she realised Ophelia was serious. "Wait, you're serious."

Ophelia nodded, "Yeah. I went on a field trip once and I was desperate but I held it until we got to school because I can't go outside."

David and Hook watched on.

"And I realise they're listening in as I tell you this but I don't care. I really gotta go."

David seemed to be stifling a laugh as he stared at his daughter in shock.

"I can feel you trying not to laugh, David," she exclaimed, glaring at him. "I was raised in a foster home, not next to a forest, so excuse me for not being able to take a leak in the woods. Plus, I have the wrong parts. It is easier to whip your dick out and point it at a tree, so shut the fuck up."

Mary Margaret grabbed her hand, "Let's go."

---

Hook, David and Mary Margaret were getting ready to leave. Emma, Ophelia and Regina were quick to stop them, the former asking where they were going. All three of them answered something different and when asked again, Mary Margaret cracked.