chapter thirty-two

Chapter Thirty-Two - I'll Get You My Pretty and Your Little Dog Too

Bubbling was all Ophelia heard as she watched Regina make a potion. She stared at what looked like a My First Chemistry Set set-up. 

"This is kinda cool," she muttered, waving her hand through the smoke that was billowing off of it. 

Emma watched Regina finish mixing some ingredients, "Did it work?"

"There's only one way to find out," Regina told before taking a sip. 

Ophelia's eyes snapped up to her as she did, waiting for a second, "Well, do you remember?"

Regina's faced morphed into one of anger before she turned and threw the beaker at the opposite wall. 

"That answers that question."

Emma flinched at the shattering, "Either that wall did something to you in past year or I'm gonna say it didn't work."

"I must have missed an ingredient," Regina announced. 

"Can we try again?" Ophelia asked.

"I already used up what was left of the potion Hook gave you," She revealed. "There's nothing left to replicate." 

Regina paced, stopping when she was a few strides away from them, back to the pair, "I can't live in this town if Henry doesn't remember me. That's worse than any curse I ever could have cast."

Ophelia watched the cogs spin in Emma's brain as she leant back. 

"What if we can still find the person who cursed the town?" She suggested. 

Regina spun around, "Haven't you been paying attention? I can't make any more potion."

"You don't have to make anything. We can still catch the person."

"How?"

"We've been running a con by making this potion in secret. What if we're running the wrong con?"

"I'm sorry. I'm not well-versed in cons. Unlike you, I never spent time in prison."

Emma waved off her comment, "It's not something I learned in prison. It's an old bail bonds trick."

Ophelia gasped, "We smoke out the perp by making them think we're onto them. So, if the person who cast the curse thought we were about to make a memory potion-"

"They'd wanna stop us," Regina finished. 

"Exactly. Isn't my twin a genius," Ophelia complimented. "So, we set a trap for them when they try and stop us."

Emma nodded, "We just need to get the word out that you're close to making all this work."

Regina smirked, "I know just who to tell."