Chapter 46 - Relief & Joy

3rd Person:

Y/n is now 28 weeks pregnant and her father is still in a coma. The entire family are starting to loose hope and the public are beginning to speculate what will happen.

----------------------------------------

It was 4:24am when the nurse on night shift in the hospital wing saw movement from the King's bed. She gasped and rushed over.
The King was slowly waking up so she went to his bedside and got a glass of water as his throat was too dry for him to speak.
"Thank you." The King said in a hoarse voice after drinking the whole glass of water. "No problem your highness." She bowed her head. "It's 4 o'clock in the morning, would you like me to go and get your family?" The Nurse asked politely.
"Why would you need to wake them so early?" The King questioned. He appeared very confused. "Why am I here anyways?" He asked.
"Oh? You were stabbed at the Prince and Princess's Wedding." The Nurse said, shocked that he didn't remember.
"Ah yes, I do remember now." The King said with an annoyed expression.
"You've been in a coma for 2 and a half months. Your wife has been visiting everyday along with your children." The Nurse said, breaking the news to the King.
He lay there in shock. "Two and a half??" He said worriedly.
"Yes, would you like me to get your wife, daughter and sons?" She asked again.
"Yes please." He said desperately.

Queen's Pov:

I woke up to a loud and frantic sound of knocking on my bedroom door. I got up to see who it was and there was a nurse stood there.
"How may I help you?" I asked, tired from being woken so abruptly.
"The King is awake." She said.
My eyes widened.
"Really?!" I almost shouted.
"Yes, he has asked for me to tell you and your family." The Nurse said.
"Oh thank you!! I'll go straight away, please go and tell my babies." I said as I rushed to get my dressing gown and slippers.

Y/n's Pov:

I'm struggling to sleep because the baby is moving so much at the moment. I look over to Chris who is sleeping peacefully next to me and I turn my gaze back to the ceiling.
Suddenly, I hear quick footsteps coming down the corridor and someone knocking on our bedroom door.
"Chris?? Chris darling, there's someone at the door." I told him as I shook him awake.
"Huh?" He mumbled as he woke up, looking cute like the mashed potatoes dog.
"I'll see who it is." He said in a grumbly voice.
We both sat up and he put his dressing gown on and walked to the door. I followed behind him in my nightgown.

"Hello Prince and Princess, I bring good news for you. The King has woken up and would like to see you." The Nurse said.
"Oh my god!" I said in disbelief. Chris held on to me as I stumbled back a bit.
"Thank you so much for telling us, we will go as soon as possible." Chris said as he shut the door. The Nurse smiled politely in response and moved onto the next bedroom.

As soon as the door shut, my feet gave way and Chris held me up. "It's okay sweetheart." He said as he helped me over to the bed. I let out a sob as I sat down. "Chris, I didn't think we'd speak to him again, I didn't think he'd have the chance to meet our baby." I said as I cried. "I know my love, I'm so happy he's okay." He said as he knelt in-front of me. "Me too, let's go and see him." I smiled as I wiped away my tears.

Changbin's Pov:

I woke up suddenly to the sound of frantic knocking on the bedroom door. After sitting up quickly, I got out of bed and began to walk to the door. I heard movement from the bed behind me and Felix's deep voice questioning where I was going. "Someone is knocking on the door Lix." I told him. He opened his eyes wide this time and rushed over to me.
We opened the door and a nurse was stood there. "Hello Prince Felix and Sir Changbin. I have come to tell you that The King has woken up and would like you to go to the infirmary immediately." She said.
"Oh my god!" Felix gasped as he brought his hand to his mouth. My jaw dropped.
"Thank you Nurse, we will go immediately." I said.
"Have you told my sister and my brother in law??" Felix asked with teary eyes. "Yes I have, they are getting ready to go." The Nurse responded. "A-and have you told my younger brother??" He asked with a shaky voice. "Not yet, but I will." She said with a sympathetic smile.
"We'll tell him don't worry, thank you so much." I responded. The Nurse nodded and bowed before walking away.
"Come on Binnie, we need to get Innie." Felix cried. "I know sweetheart." I said as I hugged him. We then got our stuff and made our way to Jeongin's room.

Y/n's Pov:

Chris and I were walking down the corridor when Felix and Changbin came out of their room. Lixie immediately ran to me and hugged me. "We're just about to tell Innie." He whispered as he cried. The both of us were so relieved that our Dad was finally okay.
Chris was already knocking on Jeongin's door as Lix and I slowly approached. Soon enough the door opened and there stood a very tired looking Innie. He soon realised that we had been crying and stood up straight. He seemed to have woken up more when he asked what was wrong.
"Dad has woken up Innie, he wants to see us, Mum already knows." I said.
"Oh my god!!" He gasped, he immediately ran back into his room and came back in his dressing gown and slippers, matching the rest of us.

We all rushed down the corridors to the hospital wing as fast as my pregnant legs would carry me. We opened the grand wooden doors, and there my dad was, sat up in bed, talking to my mother.
"Oh Dad!!!" I said as I rushed over with Felix and Jeongin. "Dad!! I missed you!!" I said with teary eyes. Jeongin and Felix went to the left side of his bed and I went to the right.
"Come here my darlings." He said as he reached his arms out. Without hesitation we hugged him tightly.
I felt myself begin to cry, the feeling of relief and joy was overwhelming. The three of us were crying as Dad fought back his own tears.
Once we pulled away from the hug, Chris offered us some tissues which we took.

"D-dad, I didn't think you'd meet our baby." I cried. "Oh my goodness, look at your bump!" Dad gasped as he noticed the significant difference in size. "Oh sweetheart." He cooed as he rubbed the side of my arm gently. "We're having a girl as well Dad." I said with a shy smile. "Oh my-" He said as his hand covered his mouth in shock. "A granddaughter?! I can't believe it!!" He said as he cheered, making us all laugh.

I then had to stand up and move to the other bed because the position I was in was uncomfortable on my stomach. Felix then went to the other side of the bed and both of my brothers cuddled up to our father like they were small children again.
"How are you Mum??" I asked as she sat on the bed next to me. "Amazing, I'm so happy that he's okay." She said as she hugged me. "I am too, I think the baby is as well." I chuckled. Mum smiled and moved her hand to rest on my stomach. She cooed when she felt the baby kicking.
"Is the baby kicking??" Dad asked as he watched the interaction between Mum and I. "Yeah, you wanna feel?" I asked with a big smile. This is the first chance he's had to do this. "Of course!!" He said happily.

I stood up and walked over to the bed. Felix and Jeongin got up and sat where I had been whilst Chris came over to help me. I sat next to Dad in the bed and Chris helped me get my legs up in-front of me. We both sat there whilst I placed Dad's hand on my stomach where the baby was kicking.
His face was concentrated and suddenly lit up when he felt the kicking.
"Isn't it wonderful?" He said to my Mother who nodded.
"You must be over the moon." He said to me with a grin. "I am, Chris is the best husband as well." I said which made Dad look over to him as he was stood at the foot of the bed with Changbin.
"Come here, I haven't been able to speak to you officially as my son-in-law." Dad said with his free arm held out. Chris smiled and walked over, sitting in the chair next to the bed. "How is it being a Prince??" Dad asked him. "It's definitely different, but i'll get used to it soon." He said. "Well, once I'm 100% better, you, changbin and my dear sons can come to my office and have a celebration." He kindly offered. "Daaaaddddd, you know I don't like your beer." Felix whined. "You can have some of my wine darling." Mum reassured him. "Thanks Mum." He pouted as he cuddled her. "Anyways, that means that Y/n and I can have a girls day." She grinned.
"I like the sound of that." I replied with a satisfied smile.

Word Count: 1651.