Chapter 17 - Early Rise

Y/n's Pov:

I woke up early this morning, it's 5:57am and I just can't get back to sleep. I tossed and turned for a while before deciding it was no use. Letting out a big huff and a whine, I got up out of bed and trudged over to the bathroom. I had a shower, shaved what I needed to, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I then went and sat in-front of the fireplace I had just lit, in order to dry my hair quicker. Whilst I was reading my book peacefully, I heard the door open quietly. I turned around to see Chris stood there looking quite handsome. "Good morning." I said with a smile, placing my book down on the side table. "Morning Princess." He beamed as he locked the door. I was sat on my two seater sofa with my legs up, so as he approached I sat up straight. Chris sat down next to me and sighed. "What's the matter?" I asked. "I'm just really tired, don't worry about me." He replied with a cute yawn. "Awh, didn't you get much sleep last night?" I questioned him. "Not really, I had to talk to your father about what happened yesterday and then I went back to the dorms, had a shower and was in bed by about 11:30pm." He told me. "Wait... what exactly did you talk about?" I asked slightly worried. "Oh only what the girls said, and that I reassured you it was false." He said quickly. "Ahh I see." I mumbled.
"How long have you been up anyways?" He asked. "About an hour? I'm not sure, but I woke up just before 6 and I couldn't get back to sleep so I had a shower and stuff." I explained. "Ahh okay... Is there anything I can do for you??" He asked shyly. "Oh you sweet thing." I cooed, making his ears turn red. "Could you maybe brush my hair for a while?? It'll dry a bit faster if you do." I smiled. "Oh okay!" He said with a smile. "Where's your hairbrush??" He asked. "In the bathroom, top drawer on the right side of the sink." I told him. Whilst he scurried away to the bathroom, I grabbed an old pillow and placed it on the carpet in-front of the sofa. I then sat on-top of it cross legged. "Why are you sat on the floor??" I heard Chris ask as he walked back over to me. "Because my grandma used to dry my hair like this in-front of the fire when I was a kid." I smiled sadly. "I would sit on a pillow like this and she would sit behind me and brush my hair for hours, even when it was dry." I told him. "Awe that's a lovely thing to do, a cute way to bond." He said with a pretty smile. "Yea, she passed when I was 15 so its rare someone does this for me now. Sometimes my mother will, or Felix and Innie. They tend to take turns." I smiled. "Well I feel very honoured to do this for such a gorgeous Princess." He said with a smile. I chuckled at his adorableness.

We spent ages sat in-front of the fire whilst he brushed my hair. As we talked, he switched between using the hairbrush, and using his fingers. At 8:30am I rang the bell for the kitchen. Hyunjin arrived and I asked for breakfast to be brought to my room on a trolley. He agreed and sent up two maids with our breakfast. We ate and got to know each other's favourite types of food, and many other things.
About an hour later, the dishes were taken away and it was time for me to get ready. I decided to surprise Chris with my outfit today. "Baby? I'm going to do my makeup in the bathroom then I'll get dressed." I told Chris as I cuddled into his side. "Ok, I'll wait here." He said with a small smile and kissing me on the forehead.

Once I was finished, I opened the door of my closet and called Chris' name. "Chris?? Are you ready to see what I picked out?" I called. "Of course I am." He replied, a smile evident in his voice.
I walked into the room and did a small twirl, letting out a soft giggle. "Ta-da!!" I said jokingly.