𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑒𝑛

CHAPTER TEN
Two Truths And One Lie

"Is your name Vixen Allen?" Lance asked.

Just in case, Lance had ordered that Oliver and Vixie were in different time slots for the polygraphs and in different rooms.

"You don't know my name, sir?" Vixie sassed.

"The questions calibrate the polygraph. Is your name Vixen Allen?" Lance repeated.

"Yes."

"Were you born in Central City, March 29th, 1984?" Lance asked.

"I don't know where I was born. My mom faked documents. But yes, I was born March 29th, 1984." Vixie answered truthfully.

"Is your hair purple?" Lance asked.

"No."

"Ever been to Iron Heights prison?" Lance asked.

"Yes, to visit Henry Allen, my step-father on rare occasions and not recently. My last visit was 3 months ago. You can check with them." Vixie replied.

Lance held up a sketch drawing of the girl vigilante. "Are you the woman in this picture?" Lance asked.

"No." Vixie denied.

The man beside Lance, looking at the detector, nodded in confirmation.

"Did you or Mr. Queen steal $40 million off Adam Hunt?"

"No, we didn't."

"Have you ever had contact with your biological father?" Lance's tone raised.

"No. I don't know who he is or where he is."

"How is that relevant?" Laurel questioned her father.

"Since you asked, what traits could you have gotten from your father that could turn you into a cold-blooded killer?" Lance asked.

Vixie just stared at Lance.

"The machine won't work unless you ask a question." Laurel stated.

"Do you actually know who your father is?" Lance asked.

"No." Vixie answered.

"Have you killed anyone?" Lance asked.

Vixie paused. "Yes."

Laurel and Detective Lance looked at her, waiting for further answers.

"In a car accident. There was a man and I unintentionally lost control of the car during a rainstorm and I hydroplaned. He died that night. He had 2 kids and a wife." Vixie said, telling the truth. She ripped the stuff off and walked outside of the room.

Vixie was alone in her room when Oliver's party was going on. She groaned and put on her headphones and even though she could listen to music through her phone or something else, she went with her cassette player. Then, a man knocked on Vixie's door. Someone supposed to be supplying drinks to the guests.