𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

CHAPTER SEVEN
The Offer

"Hey." Oliver greeted.

"Oliver? Vixie?"" Dig questioned, confused out of his mind. Oliver nodded and shrugged. Dig stood up, "you're those vigilantes?" Dig said, swinging at Oliver, who dodged his fist.

"Take it easy, Dig. You were poisoned." Oliver cautioned.

"Son of a bitch!" Dig grunted, swinging again, but missing.

"We could've taken you anywhere. Could've taken you home. We brought you here." Oliver told him.

"You did lose your mind on that island," Dig said to Oliver.

"Found a couple of things." Oliver answered first.

"What, archery classes?"

"Clarity. Starling City is dying. It is being poisoned by a criminal elite... who don't care who they hurt... as long as they maintain their wealth and power." Oliver explained.

"And what are you two gonna do, take them all down by your lonesomes?" Dig asked.

"No. No, we want you to join us. Special Forces out of Kandahar. It's perfect. You're a fellow soldier." Oliver answered.

"Oliver, Vixie, you're not soldiers. You're criminals. And murderers." Dig stated, walking away, holding his arm.

Vixie stayed overnight at the lair, not really feeling like going home. She just went into the pizza place the night of and just ate the rest of it for breakfast. She walked to the coffee shop to get coffee to go, then headed back to the old building.

She saw a motorcycle hidden, so she walked in with caution to see Oliver at the desk.

"Hey, why have I never seen that motorcycle before?" Vixie asked, holding her coffee in one hand, while gesturing vaguely to the outside.

"Because I hid it very well. Oh, by the way, new bodyguard. He's very firm in his handshake." Oliver informed her.

"Oh, that's great." Vixie replied sarcastically.

Vixie drank her coffee while she moved to sit beside Oliver on one of the office chairs. "Peter Declan?" Vixie asked, seeing the name off to the side.

"They say Peter Declan murdered his wife in cold blood. He had no alibi. And all the evidence pointed toward it. He was tried, convicted, sentenced to death. An open-and-shut case... except for one thing. Declan's wife, Camille, worked for Jason Brodeur. And Jason Brodeur is on the list." Oliver explained to her.

"So, we're in agreement that Declan didn't do it?" Vixie wondered.

"Yeah, we're in agreement." Oliver said, distracted.

He pushed himself off of the chair and moved over to wear the protective safety gloves and grabbed the grips to hold something in fire.

"The odds are good Brodeur is involved in this woman's murder, which means... an innocent man is facing execution. He'll need a good attorney." Oliver stated.