𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑛𝑒

CHAPTER ONE
Just For A Moment

Moira had a room for Vixie, so naturally, she went there to dig through an old box of cassette tapes. There was a very faint creak in the floorboard near the door. Her head turned quickly to look at the figure standing there.

"Never understood what it was about you and cassette tapes." Oliver told her. He was back. For 5 years, he was presumed dead, and yet Vixie was right.

Vixie went right to him, looked him in the eyes and slapped his face. She then hugged him, confusing him for a second before he understood. "So, this is what I get for leaving for 5 years." He said, scoffing.

Vixie studied Oliver for a minute. He had changed, not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. There was a look in his eye that she knew all too well.

"How many enemies did you make on the island?" Vixie questioned, a playful tone to her words. Oliver walked to where she was sitting, the bay view window.

"Oh, you'd be surprised." He responded.

Oliver went to leave when Tommy showed up at the door frame, just outside of her room. "I'm glad you're back, Oliver." She told him. And then he left, Tommy stayed.

"I feel important. Everyone keeps seeing me today." Vixie joked.

"Well, you are important." Tommy replied, placing his hands in his pockets. "Hey, you still got your Ac/Dc cassette tapes!" Tommy exclaimed. He recalled giving one of them to her on her 20th birthday.

Tommy sat opposite of her on the bay view window. He looked at her with a soft look on his features. His brows furrowed when he saw the not so small cut under her right eye. He grabbed the first aid kit. "Tom, you're amazing, but you have no idea how to clean a wound—"

Nonetheless, he started to clean the wound gently. "I don't want you being infected and turned into a zombie." He told her, starting to clean the wound.

"I can clean it."

"You shouldn't have to." Tommy stated. "Hey, Vi, I was thinking you and I could give a tour of the place to Oliver tomorrow. Show him what he missed out on... throw a party." He informed her.

He winced when he noticed more blood pouring from the cut. "How the hell did you even get that?" He asked, hating that he made it worse for her.

Without thinking, his hand instinctively went to cup her left side of her face as he carefully cleaned the blood. The silence wasn't uncomfortable or awkward, but they both hoped that the other would just say something, anything. Words were never spoken, but it was all in the eyes. It was either the truth, or a convincing lie.

The longing look in Tommy's eyes was interrupted when Moira stood at the doorway. "Supper is ready." She informed, looking between the two. Almost rushing, Moira walked away from them.

"I think I did a pretty good job with fixing up the cut." Tommy defended.

Vixie scoffed. "Please, never become a medic." She said, standing up.

"Okay, what else did you miss? Super Bowl winners: Giants, Steelers, Saints, Packers, Giants again. A black president, that's new. Oh, and Lost. they were all dead. I think." Tommy did his best to catch Oliver up on everything.

"What was it like there?" Thea asked, directing everyone's attention. It made them pause.

"Cold." Oliver responded.

"Tomorrow, you, me, Vi do the city. You've got a lot to catch up on." Tommy said to Oliver.

"Good. I was hoping to swing by the office." Moira and Walter nearly choked on their wine.

Walter spoke up, "there's plenty of time for all of that. Queen Consolidated isn't going anywhere."

Raisa tripped, immediately apologising, "I am so sorry, Mr. Oliver." Oliver responded with something in Russian, making Vixie furrow her brows, he learnt Russian on the island, or somewhere, but it sure as hell wasn't in Starling City.

"Dude, you speak Russian?" Tommy exclaimed.

"Didn't know you took Russian at college." Walter said, stunned.

"I didn't realise you wanted to sleep with my mother, Walter." Oliver retorted.

Moira looked at Thea, almost thinking that she had told him. "I didn't say anything." Thea replied, leading Moira to looking at Vixie.

"I just saw him again today, and it was for one minute, do you really think I had time to tell him?" Vixie asked.

"Neither of them had to."

"Oliver, Walter and I are married and I don't want you to think that... either one of us, did anything to disrespect your father." Moira explained.

"We both believed that Robert, like you, was, uh... well, gone." Walter told him.

"It's fine. May I be excused?" Oliver asked. Moira gave him the nod of approval.

"Hey, don't forget about tomorrow, buddy." Tommy reminded. Vixie's eyes followed Oliver walking away.

Tommy looked at her. Vixie quietly slipped out of the dining room, causing Tommy to follow after her. "I knew it. I knew he was alive. Did anyone believe me? No—"

"Vi, Vi..." He gently took a hold of her forearm. "Vi, are you okay?"

No. She wasn't okay. She especially wasn't okay because she felt like she was hallucinating when she saw a life-like figure of her mother standing to the side for a second. But she wasn't gonna tell him what she saw, or felt.

"I'm fine. Just saying shit out loud." It was more of an assurance to herself than anything. "I'm gonna head out. Today's just been insane."

Vixie's just tired and confused with everything right now.

Tommy tried to clean Vixie's wound-

Okay, bye!