"We ran into each other," I interject quickly, coming to Gilbert's aid. "And, well, we thought it would be nice to catch up."

Alexander's eyes narrow as he studies Gilbert, his expression unreadable. "Just catching up, huh?" he says, a hint of skepticism in his voice. "In your bedroom?"

Gilbert clears his throat, meeting Alexander's gaze with sincerity. "Actually, I came back for Ada," he admits, his voice steady but tinged with vulnerability. "I realized that I couldn't let her go without at least trying to make things right between us."

I feel my heart swell with emotion at his words, and I reach out to squeeze his hand in silent gratitude.

Alexander's expression softens as he takes in Gilbert's confession. After a moment of consideration, he nods approvingly. "Well, in that case, it's great to see you, Gilbert," he says, his tone warmer now. "Just remember, she's my sister, and I won't hesitate to knock some sense into you if you hurt her again."

Gilbert nods, acknowledging Alexander's warning with a hint of amusement. "Understood," he replies, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. "I promise to do everything in my power to make her happy."

With that, a sense of relief washes over me as I watch the two most important men in my life share a moment of understanding. It's clear that Gilbert's return has opened the door to healing old wounds and forging new bonds, and for that, I couldn't be more grateful.

With a smile, I interject, "Why don't we all explore the town together? Gilbert and I were just about to take a stroll along the Seine. You two could join us."

Alexander looks at Daphne, who nods in agreement. "Sounds like a plan," he says, turning back to us.

As we head out of the apartment, hand in hand, I feel a sense of contentment wash over me. And as we step out into the bustling streets of Paris, I can't help but feel hopeful for the future.

We make our way through the bustling streets, passing by quaint shops and charming boutiques. I lead Gilbert to my favorite bakery, the aroma of freshly baked pastries filling the air as we step inside.

"This is the best place in Paris for croissants," I say proudly, gesturing to the display of golden, flaky pastries behind the counter.

Gilbert's eyes light up with excitement as he takes in the array of treats. "They look amazing," he says, his mouth watering.

I order a selection of pastries for us to share, including croissants, pain au chocolat, and raspberry tarts. We find a cozy spot by the window and dig in, savoring each bite of the buttery, delicious pastries.

"These are incredible," Gilbert says between bites, a smile spreading across his face. "But yours are way better."

"I'm glad you like them," I reply, feeling a sense of pride in sharing my favorite treats with him.

After finishing our pastries, we continue our exploration of the city, stopping at various shops and boutiques along the way. I show Gilbert some of my favorite spots, including a quirky bookstore and a charming flower shop. He purchased me a carnation, my favorite flower.

As we wander through the streets, hand in hand, I can't help but feel a sense of contentment wash over me. With Gilbert by my side, exploring the sights and flavors of Paris feels like a dream come true.

"Gilbert," I say grabbing his attention. "Thank you."

"For what, Ada?" He furrows his thick brows at me, a small smile plays at his lips.