Chapter 10.5: Love is in the Air

Manado can be seen walking through the halls of the royal temple in Outworld, having been summoned by Empress Mileena to discuss something important. As he reaches the door that connects to the throne room, voices can be heard coming from the throne room itself. He then silently creaks the door open far enough to see into the room and notices Mileena sitting in the throne with Kitana, Jade, Skarlet, Tanya, Li Mei, Ashrah, Sareena, Khameleon, and Nitara standing before her.

"Are you sure about this empress? He's only known us for no longer than a day and he's not the one we grew to care for. I think we should wait to tell him until after we defeat Kronika." Khameleon says.

"I understand your concern Khameleon, but I fear that we may not have another chance to tell him, so now is the only time." Mileena says.

"But he doesn't even know any of us here except for Princess Kitana." Li Mei points out.

"Look... I get that it concerns all of you here. But I want to ensure that he knows in the outcome that we fail to defeat Kronika. So tonight, we will him how we feel. (Looks at Kitana) Especially you, sister." Mileena says.

"What?" Kitana asks.

"Don't deny it. I see how you look at him. And it makes sense, seeing as how you have more of a personal connection to him than the rest of us here." Mileena points out.

Kitana then sighs.

"Yes. I truly do care for him. I just think it's strange that I fell for a man I originally met when he was only twelve years old." Kitana says.

"Stranger things have happened, Kitana." Jade says, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Kitana smiles at her friend.

Back with Manado, having heard everything, he goes wide-eyed.

"What? Are they talking about me? They can't be. There is no chance that they..." Manado says before he then remembers something that Ashrah told him back at the temple of Argus.

"Manado. I just want to let you know that we truly do care for you. Us, Mileena, even Nitara. You can imagine how devastated we were when you disappeared." Ashrah says.

"That must've been what she meant. They all fell in love with my future self. No wonder they were devastated when he disappeared." Manado realizes.

Manado then takes a deep breath and a determined face becomes plastered on his face.

"Well... I best not keep them waiting any longer." Manado says.

Manado then fully opens the door, gaining everyone's attention. He looks towards everyone but says nothing. He then approaches Mileena and bows to her.

"You summoned me, Mileena?" Manado asks.

"Yes Manado. I brought you here because all of us have something very important to tell you." Mileena explains.

"Us?" Manado asks.

"Yes Manado. All of us." Kitana says, gesturing to everyone else in the room.

"I see. So what it you all wish to tell me?" Manado asks.

"Mileena then stands from the throne and approaches Manado.

"Manado Chujin. As you already know, your future self has helped change Outworld for the better." Mileena points out.

"Indeed." Manado says.

"And it's not just Outworld you've helped change for the better. You have changed all of us. You helped me realize the truth of the man I was told was my father. You freed Ashrah and Sareena escape the Netherrealm. You even helped Nitara escape her mother's manipulation. And even though we are unable to say these things to the one who achieved these accomplishments, since you are basically him but younger, we just want to say thank you for everything you have done for us and we could not be anymore grateful." Mileena explains.

"Uhhh... Your welcome I suppose?" Manado says in uncertainty.

"And there's one last thing we would like to say." Mileena says.

"And that is?" Manado asks.

"Well... you see... we..." Mileena says before being cut off.

"You all are in love with me." Manado says.

Everyone is the room go wide-eyed in shock at those words before a slight blush forms on their cheeks.

"H-how did you know?" Li Mei asks.

"I may have overheard everything you all were saying before I walked in." Manado admits.

"I see." Mileena says.

"And Ashrah may have insinuated it during our time at the temple of Argus." Manado admits.

Everyone then looks at Ashrah who looks away in embarrassment. Mileena then looks back towards Manado.

"So yes Manado. We all are in love with you. We all wanted to tell you this but we never had the chance to do so. And the last thing we want to ask you is this." Mileena says.

"Will you accept us as your partners?" Everyone asks in sync.

Manado stay silent as he goes into deep thought. He had never imagined that he would never be in a situation like this. Multiple women...albeit very beautiful women, all of them warriors in their own right, would all fall in love with him and ask him to be their partner. As he grew up, he thought we would always be alone, living a life where he would be in constant despair from the trauma he grew up with. And yet here he is, standing in a room with women who accepted him for the person he is and would become. And so, the decision becomes clear as he looks in the direction towards everyone.

"Everyone, I know that it may not be the best of times for this to be said, but since we might not have another chance for this to be said, I might as well. I may not know most of you here, but that doesn't mean you are all bad people. And you all being here only proves that and I'm willing to give it a shot. So yes, I accept." Manado says.

No sooner do those words escape his lips does everyone rush towards him and embrace him in a group hug, with tears of joy in their eyes. Manado quickly returns the hugs as he smiles, knowing that he will never be alone again.

Unknown to everyone in the room, the figure from the temple can be seen looking through a window in the throne room. Although it can't be seen with the mask on his face, the figure smiles at the sight bestowed upon him.

"Good work kid." The figure says.

The figure then drops down from the temple and disappears into the night.

Later as dawn hits, Manado can be seen exiting a chamber within the temple. He looks back towards the inside of the chamber and smiles at the sight of all the women who confessed their feelings sleeping comfortably on one massive bed with smiles on their faces. Manado then silently closes the door and walks down the hallway outside the room.

"I never thought a day like this would happen to a guy like me. But I guess fate works in mysterious ways. Makes me wonder though... but I guess I shouldn't worry that. Today, we will defeat the likes of that evil titan and restore what has been destroyed. I just hope Zaveer is doing okay back in Earthrealm." Manado says.