Chapter 15: Time's Arrow: Nightwolf

The Outworld Koliseum can then be seen. The influence of Mileena Kahn is evident, from the edenian design of the buildings to the large statues of Mileena herself on opposite sides of the superstructure.

Inside of the Koliseum, and amidst the raucous cheering of the crowd, we see Mileena and General Kotal... imprisoned in the center of the stadium in a stock. They struggle within it, but cannot even move a muscle. Shao Kahn stands next to them (with Kollector slightly behind), addressing the crowd.

"You've suffered too long at these pretender's hands. But I've returned, and I will save you from their madness!" Shao Kahn announces.

The crowd - only caring about seeing a good show - cheers his words. Shao Kahn magically summons his warhammer into his hands.

"Only I can rebuild the empire. All realms will tremble before me! Outworld will again be conquerors, never the conquered!" Shao Kahn announces.

The crowd begins to chant Shao Kahn's name, increasing in intensity. He roars in triumph as they cheer in excitement. Shao Kahn walks over to Kotal and Mileena, preparing his warhammer to crush their heads into paste. But before he can properly begin his swing, a loud banging resounds throughout the Koliseum.

Shao Kahn's soldiers walk over to the main doors of the stadium. Though they are barred, the doors vibrate as the banging continues. The soldiers draw their weapons as the bars on the doors begin to splint and break. Finally, we see the other side of the doors; six Outworld soldiers hold a battering ram and slam it into the door, breaking it open.

Behind them, numerous other soldiers, Tarkatans and Shokan - as well as Kitana, Jade, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Sheeva, Baraka and even the older Erron Black - raise their hands and cheer. Zaveer, Tanya, Khameleon, Nitara also march alondside them. Taken aback, Shao Kahn's soldiers back up as the new arrivals stride into the Koliseum. The crowd also falls into a shocked silence as Kitana faces down her adopted father.

"Where's this boldness been hiding, Kitana? Had you shown it before, I'd have had no need for Mileena." Shao Kahn says.

Kitana then slowly walks toward him.

"At least my 'sister' is not an unholy monster, like you, 'father'." Kitana says.

As soon as she is within striking range, Kitana pulls out her bladed fans and lunges at Shao Kahn, who backpedals just in time to avoid being vertically sliced down his chest. He dodges several more swipes and parries one with his warhammer, swinging it back at her. Kitana dodges two of his strikes, then attacks him again with the fans, forcing him to parry them.

The rest of the soldiers have now started fighting. In the midst of this, a tornado of sand appears in the middle of the arena, depositing Shang Tsung, Fujin, Nightwolf, Zaveer and the Manados. The six of them take in the battle occurring around them.

"When have we arrived?" Shang Tsung asks.

"Immediately after the time merger, yes? The battle between Kotal, Mileena, and Shao Kahn?" Fujin asks.

"It appears to be that way, Fujin." Zaveer says.

Nightwolf stares into the distance and points, placing a hand on Shang Tsung's shoulder as he does so.

"No. Look!" Nightwolf says.

From his point of view, he has spotted Jade picking the lock of the stock holding Kotal. After a moment, she finishes and helps him to throw the stock off. She then turns to intercept a sword strike from a Shao Kahn loyalist, punching him across the face, kicking him in the knee and knocking him over with a roundhouse kick. Behind her, Kotal punches a soldier across the face, drills his fist into his stomach, then turns his back and throws the soldier over his shoulder, slamming him hard into the ground.