Chapter 13: Invasion: Stryker

In Earthrealm, a loud cry of "Incoming!" is heard as explosions go off. Briefly, the sound cuts to the noise of a pipebomb, then as it returns to normal, it brings with it the sight of a devastated New York City, being attacked by Outworld's army.

The U.S. Army is fighting a losing battle against Tarkatans equipped with shotguns and rocket launchers, as well as twenty foot high Outworld monstrosities. Kurtis Stryker and his partner Kabal are currently standing on a rooftop, watching the Outworld invaders advance.

"Fifteen... Sixteen... Seventeen... Eighteen. Kabal, call it in." Stryker says.

"Base. Eagle Two. We count eighteen. One-eight bogies. Southbound on Olympic." Kabal says.

"Roger that." Base replies

"Eagle Two out." Kabal says.

"This is not happening." Stryker says.

"Not what I was thinking when I swore to protect and serve." Kabal says.

"What is that?" Stryker asks as he and Kabal look down the building to see Reptile climbing towards them.

"I'm thinking shoot first, ask questions later." Kabal suggests.

"Fine with me." Stryker replies.

They then begin shooting at Reptile, but he dodges the shots with ease and continues climbing. As he nears the top he leaps over them and lands behind them.

"Pistols!" Stryker calls out.

They then draw their pistols and fire again, but Reptile blocks the attacks by spewing forth some acid vapor, which acts as a shield. As the two officers reload, Reptile strikes with his tongue, disarming Kabal and knocking him over. He then tongues Stryker's gun, disarming him.

"Enough of this! It's you and me, Freakshow!" Stryker yells.

They then begin to fight. Although unaccustomed to fighting Outworld warriors, Stryker's rigorous training and arsenal of weapons manages to see him through the fight. Eventually he leaves Reptile on his back, defeated.

"Spitting? Sticking out your tongue? Bet your mama's real proud." Stryker says.

Stryker then walks over to Kabal and helps him up.

"C'mon. We're going street level. We've been compromised." Stryker says.

"It ain't safe down there." Kabal points out.

"Better there than here." Stryker says.

He then walks off, leaving Kabal sighing and shaking his head. They manage to reach ground level of the building they're in, but then they see army troopers falling back, being chased by one of the gigantic monsters that they have seen earlier. Kabal then notices someone on the bridge across from them.

"Stryker! Check her out!" Kabal points out.

Stryker looks to where Kabal was and they both see a female in a rather revealing purple leotard and leggings.

"Whaddya think? Friend or foe." Kabal asked.

"Foe." Stryker replies

"Dressed like that?" Kabal asked.

"Definitely foe. Cover me." Stryker says.

As army troopers round a corner to fight an unseen foe, Stryker walks out to the bridge. As Mileena approaches, he calls out to her.

"Hey, what're you doing out here?" Stryker asks.

She then laughs and pulls off her mask, revealing her Tarkatan features.