Chapter 2: Timequake: General Kotal

In the Outworld Koliseum, A soldier bangs on a drum, and what can be seen is a blue skinned, bald headed, red-eyed male humanoid bound by an enlarged circular neck brace. Six more soldiers hold large poles leading into the neck brace in place, trying to keep the captive imprisoned.

The creature is a member of the Naknada species, and has a total of six spindly arms on his body, four at his sides and two smaller ones on his back. Despite his wiry stature, the soldiers visibly struggle to keep him pinned down. At one point, the Naknada manages to pivot and lift two soldiers into the air, but they lean down hard on their poles and manage to return to the ground.

The crowd in the Koliseum cheer on the display. The Naknada, known only by his alias of "Kollector", is brought down on his knees before the throne of Outworld's Empress, the Edenian/Tarkatan hybrid turned vampriss known as Mileena. Standing to the left of Mileena's throne is the Earthrealm mercenary Erron Black and another soldier, who holds an enlarged sword, not unlike Kotal's signature macuahuitl.

Standing on her right is Osh-Tekk warrior General Kotal. Standing behind him are Ashrah, Sareena, Li Mei, Tanya, Khameleon, Nitara, invited by Empress Mileena to witness the execution.

"For years you escaped justice. Sucked dry the bounty of Outworld's people. Today, your debt is paid." Mileena says.

"Kill me, Mileena, and you lose profit." Kollector warns.

"You mistake me for Shao Kahn." Mileena says.

She then rises from her throne and walks toward the captive.

"I do not inflict bandits upon the poor." Mileena says.

"Shao Kahn approved! His word was law!" Kollector says.

"Silence!" Mileena snaps.

Mileena then looks towards General Kotal.

"General. Deal with him." Mileena orders as she backs up towards the throne.

Kotal stands where Mileena stood before as he gestures to his left. The soldier standing there immediately brings him his blade. Kotal holds it in both hands, preparing a killing strike.

"Your master is dead, and so is his "law". Never again will Outworld suffer from his corruption." General Kotal says.

Kotal then lifts his blade above his head as the crowd grows more wild. Before he can deliver the fatal blow, an earthquake begins to erupt around the Koliseum. The stone statues bearing Mileena's likeness break apart and fall to the ground. Rips in time begin to tear into the structure itself.

Back in Earthrealm, Cassie is sleeping on a makeshift bed in the medical room of the Special Forces base. She suddenly awakens as the room's walls begin to distort with the time rips. She, Johnny, Jacqui, Zaveer and Raiden all look around in horror, and a sandstorm begins to form inside the room.

In Kronika's keep, Manado and Kitana can barely keep on their feet as Kronika manipulates the sands in her hourglass through the magic generated from her hands. The sand in the glass begins to flow upward in reverse.

The sandstorm has now almost completely engulfed the medical room, and even Raiden is having trouble standing straight. The storm eventually turns into three tornados, and Johnny squints as he tries to look into them. His eyes widen in shock as he sees three figures begin to emerge from the tornadoes.

One of those figures is himself, looking 25 years younger.

Another is Jax, also younger.

The third is Sonya, and she looks just as youthful as the other two.