Epilogue (MKX)

A few days have passed since Kotal has been dethroned and Outworld has never been more at peace. Thanks to Mileena as Kahn with Manado's guidance, she now guides Outworld firmly, but fairly, despite her vampirism causing outbursts of aggression every so often. Manado however has helped her throughout those hard times. As for the ones who have helped them dethrone Kotal, Ashrah, Sareena, Li Mei, Khameleon, Nitara, and Tanya have all been given a new home in Outworld.

In the throne room, Mileena can be seen speaking with Manado.

"I understand your concerns Mileena, but if we're to protect Outworld, this needs to be done." Manado explains.

"But this mission is suicide, all others who went on this very same mission have failed and it ended with their deaths. I can't allow it." Mileena points out.

"I am aware of the others Mileena. But this is necessary for all of us and besides (holds Mileena's hand), you know I would never leave you, not again." Manado says.

Mileena softly smiles at him before the two then kiss. After a moment, the release from each other.

"I just don't want to lose you again." Mileena says.

"You know better than anyone Mileena, that I can't be easily killed. Shao Kahn and Shinnok have tried, and it didn't end so well for them." Manado says.

Mileena then chuckles.

"No it didn't." Mileena says.

"Look, I get it. You worry for me, and I'm not saying it's a bad thing. In fact, I think it's a good thing that you do, but this mission is important not only for me, but for the safety of you, Zaveer, and all of Outworld." Manado explains.

Mileena then sighs, seeing that Manado is not going to change his mind.

"Alright Manado. But you better come back in one piece." Mileena warns.

"It would be armageddon if I didn't." Manado says.

Manado looks at Mileena one more time before walking out of the throne room. Mileena looks at him leaving with concern, rubbing her fingers against the ring on her hand.

Later in a forested area near Z'unkahran, Manado can be seen trekking through the dense trees. He then finds himself in an opening in the forest. He then looks  towards the trees and sees a pair of glowing eyes staring at him. Fearing an attacker, he gets into a fighting stance.

"Manado Chujin. Your time has come." The figure says.

"Oh really? Well, we'll see about that." Manado says before charging towards the figure.

Meanwhile, Mileena can be seen in the throne room pacing back and forth, showing clear signs of stress. Zaveer, who has just entered the room, notices this.

"You alright mother?" Zaveer asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I?" Mileena asks.

"Mom. Your pacing back and forth, you are clearly stressed out, and there's even sweat on your forehead. You are clearly not fine." Zaveer points out.

"I'm just worried about your father, Ok?!" Mileena yells.

The sudden outburst startles Zaveer. Noticing this, Mileena takes a deep breath and calms herself down.

"Sorry Zaveer, It's just..." Mileena says, struggling to get any words out.

Zaveer walks up to her and hugs her who returns it.

"Dad's going to be fine. You know that right?" Zaveer asks as he looks at his mother in the eyes.

"I know. He just worries me." Mileena says.