Chapter 14: A Battle for The Ages: Cassie Cage and Zaveer Chujin

At the Sky Temple. Team S.F. and Manado creep up behind a wall overlooking a crevice as D'Vorah speaks with Liu Kang, Kitana and Sindel.

"Lord Shinnok is nearly finished. Soon the Jinsei's corruption will be irreversible." D'Vorah informs.

"The invasion can then proceed. Raiden and his allies will be unable to offer resistance." Revenant Kitana says.

Kung Jin missteps, and some stones crumble under his feet and fall into the crevice below them. Takeda and Cassie stop Kung Jin from falling.

"Once the realm falls, our path to victory will be clear. Advise Lord Shinnok that the Oni and Orochi are ready. At his command, we'll unleash them on Earthrealm." Revenant Liu Kang orders.

D'Vorah nods and walks into the Sky Temple. The revenants of Manado, Kung Lao and Smoke walk up to the rest of the revenants. Manado takes notice of his revenant counterpart.

"Not him again." Manado says.

Zaveer sees who Manado's referring and a look of horror is plastered on his face.

"How is this possible? You're not even dead." Zaveer asks.

"That will be explained another time. Focus on our objective." Manado says.

Zaveer nods in head as the Chujins listen in on the revenants.

"Have you found Raiden's portal to the Heavens?" Revenant Liu Kang asks.

"Yes, but his wards protect it. We can't break through." Revenant Kung Lao says.

Team S.F. peer over the wall along with the Chujins at the revenants.

"That is unacceptable. After Earthrealm is destroyed, we must complete Lord Shinnok's vengeance; invade the Heavens and destroy the Elder Gods." Revenant Kitana says.

"Come." Revenant Liu Kang says before he, Kung Lao and Smoke/Enenra walk off.

"Make war on the Heavens?! If Shinnok can take down the Elder Gods–" Takeda says before being cut off.

"End of the universe. Got it." Jacqui says.

"Kung Lao... to see him like this..." Kung Jin says.

"We'll all be hangin' 'round the Netherrealm water cooler if we don't pull this off. C'mon." Cassie says.

As they creep along the wall, a rock comes loose from where Takeda puts his foot. Unlike Kung Jin before him, the rest of Team S-F or Manado are unable to catch him and he falls, just barely grabbing into the crevice edge in time.

"Takeda!" Jacqui calls out.

She reaches her hand for Takeda to grab. Sindel and Kitana notice the noise. Realising they've been spotted, Cassie motions to Kung Jin, Zaveer and Manado, then they spring out of cover, running forward and engaging in kombat.

Kung Jin swings his staff at Kitana as Cassie fends off Sindel's strikes. Kitana gets through Jin's staff swings, punches him in the stomach and kicks him in the face as he bends over, staggering him. Zaveer attempts to strike Kitana, but she blocks his strikes and staggers him back. Manado confronts his revenant self.

"Yet again we meet. With your disgrace of a son no less." Revenant Manado says.

"Yet again. You insult him at your peril." Manado replies.

"Not likely." Revenant Manado says.

As the Manado engage in kombat, Cassie punches Sindel, who blocks two more strikes from her and sends her reeling with a punch of her own. Cassie begins to retreat as Sindel advances on her.