It is an edited chapter and I have added more things to it, so please don't skip it.

HEER

As I opened the door, I was stunned. The room was eerily similar to my college apartment. It should have been a pleasant surprise, but instead it brought back painful memories of his infidelity.

I looked at him with tears in my eyes, and thanked him for his efforts before politely declining his offer of staying in the room.

He gently held my face in his hands and asked, "Isn't this room just as nice and comfortable as your old one, Rose?"

"I had many reasons to leave that house, one being that it didn't feel comfortable or homely to me. Thank you for your efforts, but I can't stay here," I stated as I gathered my luggage.

He simply gave me a weak smile as I grabbed my things, feeling guilty about my decision but knowing it was necessary for my own peace of mind.

"Can I come with you?" He asked politely, but I remained silent, unsure of what to say.

"I'll take that as a yes, Rose. Wait for me, I'll be back in a minute," he said before disappearing into the room.

When he returned, I couldn't deny that he looked good in his grey t-shirt and sweats.

His bulging veins and muscles were visible, along with a faint outline of his abs that my hands were itching to touch, feel, and maybe even bite.

"Done staring, love?" he teased, snapping me out of my trance.

"Let's go," I replied, unable to come up with a witty response.

He took the luggage from my hands and led me to a room beside his own.

As I opened the door, I saw that the room looked like it belonged to him. It was straight out of a Pinterest board.

I changed into my night suit and upon returning to the room, I realized that there was only one bed. If he was also staying here, we would have to share it.

He entered the room carrying a tray with two cups of hot chocolate.

"Come, let's sit on the balcony and enjoy our first night, Rose," he said, heading towards the balcony.

We sat on the swing, admiring the view from the porch.

I drank my hot chocolate quickly, not wanting to talk just yet.

"Have you heard 'Tum main aur do cup chai '?" He inquired, knowing it was a line from one of my favorite movies.

"This reminds me of 'Tum main aur do cup hot chocolate '," he remarked, causing me to break into a smile.

Our eyes locked, creating a moment that felt just right.

I never wanted to tear my gaze away from his flawless face - his chiseled jawline, the nose I used to peck, his loving eyes, soft lips that I adore kissing, and his hair that I loved running my fingers through.

Out of nowhere, his phone started ringing and we both quickly averted our gaze.

AGASTHYA