"He can't be him!" she whispered in shock.

Since that night, she couldn't bring herself to see him as her husband anymore. He was a lying, cheating bastard, and now he wanted to marry her? Was this some kind of sick plan to ruin her?

Seeing him standing in front of her only served to bring back all the painful memories. How she wished their memories together were only good ones. But she was terrible at hiding her emotions, and being faced with him only made it harder.

He waved and mouthed a hello, and in that moment, she realized how close they were standing. To others, it might have seemed like a tender moment, but inside, she was in turmoil.

When she didn't respond, he gently nudged her shoulder and whispered another hello.

"Hi," she said curtly, surprised that her voice came out filled with fear and on the verge of tears.

"Hey, are you okay Rose?" he asked, concerned by the sound of her voice. She simply nodded and hummed in response.

I despise that awful name! My entire existence is tainted because of him. Whenever any problem arises in my life, my mind automatically blames him. But my heart refuses to accept it.

"It's been a long time since we..." he began to say something, but thankfully my sister-in-law arrived just in time and informed us that we were running late for the events.

Without even looking at him, I walked away because I truly didn't want to break down and cry.

Eventually, all the rituals commenced and my thoughts slowly drifted away from a certain someone. However, an inexplicable pain began to grip my heart, intensifying to the point where it felt like it would rupture.

Nevertheless, I pulled myself together and forced a smile, solely for the sake of my family. My brother, sensing a change in my demeanor, glanced at me with worry evident in his eyes. But naturally, I couldn't divulge anything to him, knowing well how protective he was of me.

Everyone began applying haldi (turmeric) and the atmosphere was filled with lively dancing and laughter. Despite some underlying negativity, overall, the vibe was surprisingly positive.

I decided to join in the festivities and dance along with everyone, both to have fun and to distract myself from thinking about that certain someone.

Soon, both his cousins and my cousins started insisting that we dance together, with even the elders joining in their cheering. Since we had no other choice, we reluctantly began dancing as a couple.

As he went down on one knee, he gently requested my hand. Meanwhile, the enchanting tunes of Satranga resonated in the background.

Aadha Tera Ishq Aadha Mera
Aise Ho Poora Chandrama
Ho Taara Tera Ik Taara Mera
Baaki Andhera Aasmaan

Na Tere Sang Laage
Bandhe Jo Pipal Pe Dhaage
Yeh Surme Ke Dhaare
Behte Hai Nazrein Bacha Ke

Badrang Mein Satranga Hai Yeh Ishq Re
Jogi Main Aur Ganga Hai Yeh Ishq Re
Badrang Mein Satranga Hai Yeh Ishq Re
Jogi Main Aur Ganga Hai Yeh Ishq Re

He spun me around, and before I knew it, we were face to face. Our bodies were mere inches apart, and I could feel his warm breath on my cheeks. His eyes were fixed on me, as if he adored me. As our gazes locked, he bent down slightly and whispered seductively in my ear.

"No matter how much you try to ignore me, ROSE, I have my ways of getting your attention."

I couldn't understand why he still had such a strong effect on me, but that whispered statement felt incredibly alluring.